A Rare Beast In Pattaya.

giddyup

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

What was the line from Apocalypse Now?

I have never met anyone so in need of a BJ.

I get one every day, so that rules that out.

Edited by giddyup

Just now, overherebc said:

Must cost you a fortune over the year.

Joke, joke. Not serious. Too much of that sh-t around.

We've been together 7 years, and I get one whether I want it or not. It's to prevent me straying she says.

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

A Corvette is close to an Edsel? Don't see it.Sure it's not just a way of hijacking the post?

Read my post again, I did not say it was close, I said it was the nearest I could get.

OK, so I wanted an excuse to play a great song about a car, by a great country singer.

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Read my post again, I did not say it was close, I said it was the nearest I could get.

OK, so I wanted an excuse to play a great song about a car, by a great country singer.

If you want a good country song about a car, you can't go past "Long may You Run" by Neil Young.

On 2/1/2017 at 3:31 PM, giddyup said:

Nope, I didn't ask, just said a rare beast in Pattaya and would like to know it's history. Like how did it end up in Pattaya, who was the original owner etc.

Since I see no Thai window stickers then it could have shipped in for parts.ask the owner if he has a blue book.If no book then impossible to register.

1 minute ago, sanukjim said:

Since I see no Thai window stickers then it could have shipped in for parts.ask the owner if he has a blue book.If no book then impossible to register.

I would say it's been sitting there a long time. It's not far from where I live so I'll try and find out a bit more.

Didnt we have Edsel's in the UK years ago?They were a smaller car (Anglia size) usually Blue with a white stripe.My dad told me that they were made to appeal to the Americans in the Uk,or those that stayed/came back after the war.But me being me,I'm probably well wrong.Which some,quick on the draw poster, will rush to tell me.

3 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Jeez the way you guys kids carry on in this forum... :dry:

I'm glad I don't moderate in here. :ph34r:

Weeeeeell, there are some here that appreciate motoring history and sculptures in tin that are incredibly beautiful....Then we have the coffee swilling cafe types that cannot see past their iPhone and mug that trash motoring history...

BUT, us gear heads will prevail......

It was 1989, my then wife's brother had just passed away at an early age.....We didn't have much cash to play with but I said "let's bugger off to the USA on a cheap fly-drive"......

Booked an economy ride with flights to Miami...Shit flight, delayed etc....Got there in the early hours, just a few people picking up rides...Did all the paperwork and handed the keys...Went out to the lot, it was near empty, just a row of limo's in the far corner...Went back to the office, they said our car was a limo in the far corner...:shock1:

It was a brand new Cadillac Brougham.....We had 2 weeks of fun cruising in that car, saw all of Florida, went as far as Key West, Everglades, the whole lot, just cruising.........:thumbsup:

caddy.jpg

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Didnt we have Edsel's in the UK years ago?They were a smaller car (Anglia size) usually Blue with a white stripe.My dad told me that they were made to appeal to the Americans in the Uk,or those that stayed/came back after the war.But me being me,I'm probably well wrong.Which some,quick on the draw poster, will rush to tell me.

Nearest I can think on that one was the Nash Metropolitan.

Story I heard was it was meant to appeal to the US servicemens wives.

unnamed (5).jpg

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Same  same , as  Toyota engines fitted  into BMW,s   in  LOScams , 555

Funny you should mention that.

Just today I was looking at an E30 coupe to buy fitted with a turbo'd Toyota 1UZ. goes extremely well and I hope the person accepts my offer.

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Funny you should mention that.

Just today I was looking at an E30 coupe to buy fitted with a turbo'd Toyota 1UZ. goes extremely well and I hope the person accepts my offer.

Couple of ways to look at it. If it's a classic car then for me it has to have the original lump or at least a replacement of the original. 

If it's a particular model that you want to have as a daily drive and it's expensive on service and parts the I'm ok with a lump that's easier on the pocket.

The annoying part is when it's a classic fitted with japanese lump and people still want to price it as an original classic. In that case if the original lump is in a box to come with the car I could handle that because you could rebuild it and stick it back in in your own time.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

If you want a good country song about a car, you can't go past "Long may You Run" by Neil Young.

What about the Johnny Cash song about how he made his car from parts nicked from work (can't recall the name but catchy and funny too)