Wireless Webcam And Headphones

yeti

Hi,

What would be the technology of choice for a wireless webcam and wireless headphones+mic?

Wifi, bluetooth, infrared, other?

And an estimate price?

Thxs

Hey Yeti.

Infrared is a no-go, is it slow and you have point the beam constantly at the eye

for the headphones i would choose for Bluetooth (fairly cheap), but it depends how far you are from your computer, bluethooth effective range is about 10 meters (free line of sight)

for the webcam I would choose wifi, as higher resolution camera's will use more bandwidth something you don't have much of with bluetooth

Hi,

What would be the technology of choice for a wireless webcam and wireless headphones+mic?

Wifi, bluetooth, infrared, other?

And an estimate price?

Thxs

Hi, I saw wireless web cams (wifi) for about £50 when I was back in theUK earlier this year and there are plenty of wireless headsets around but I have been unable to find one that includes a microphone.

Sitecom do a stereo Bluetooth wireless headset with mic, look up CN-531 on their site about 70 Euros here in Rotterdam.

One point, this, and I believe most similar headsets with function as Bluetooth stereo headphones and a Bluetooth headset with mic but only mono. The idea is you listen to your mp3s through the PC and your phone interupts by ringing the headset, you switch by pressing the button on the headset. This makes it difficult to use with Skype when you're listening to music (both try to use the same Bluetooth channel).

There are several variants of the above headset, you can get it alone, with a USB dongle or with a stand alone transmitter for your mp3 player (in hindsight I should have got this one but never mind).

I have no idea if it's available in Thailand :o