International shipping solution for Thai-based e-business

LandOfWiles

Hello, 

I am looking for a international shipping solution that 

- is reliable

- has tracking

- allows prepayment of duty/VAT for destination country

- offers daily pickup of small packages (up to 10 per day weighing about 250 grams each)

- can deliver to Europe and North America in 1-2 weeks

I've contacted DHL today and I am waiting for a response, but they would need to offer some pretty hefty discounts to business customers to make their rates workable. The items I am shipping are low value and would need a low shipping charge to remain competitive internationally. They could also be unwilling to talk until I (read: my partner) have incorporated a Thai company; yet incorporating a company depends on getting workable shipping rates. Beyond DHL, is anyone using FedEx or eBay's GSP? If so, how have you found them? 

Any info would be greatly appreciated, but I am not holding my breath! I understand that most members running this kind of business will probably not want to part with such info. God loves a trier :-)

• 2 months later...

I think your best option for now is the Thai Post. Efficient and not expensive like DHL or similar. No pick up though, you have to go to the post office yourself.
Once you've established your company/business you can look for other shipping options, but you'll be hard pressed to find anything competitive like the Thai Post. 
If you do find something, please let me know. ;-)

Archived