helpers needed - for physical work

boomerangutang

Hello,  I need some part-time helpers for fair payment.  Men or women to do things like mix cement, lay tile, lay brick, dig ditches, clean houses, do yard work.  Welding skills, a plus.  I have tools.  I'm in Hoy Plakang village, near giant white female Buddha statue.

Thais are ok, but I prefer working with hill tribers, because they're more 'down to earth' and don't mind getting callouses, or scuffs on their shoes.

It doesn't have to be a full 8 hour day.  4 to 6 hours/day is ok.   I can speak enough simple Thai to make things understood, so English not required.

PM me if you know someone who may work out, thanks.   

Over 100 views but zero responses.  I guess everyone has gainful employment already - that's good.

I also need one or two web-savvy folks to assist with putting up an Environmental web site.  I've secured the name; earth-watch.com, but could use some assistance.  The physical work mentioned earlier, is for pay, but the website gig is mostly volunteer, tho I will offer some trades like furniture, magazines, books and/or free meals.

47 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Over 100 views but zero responses.  I guess everyone has gainful employment already - that's good.

I also need one or two web-savvy folks to assist with putting up an Environmental web site.  I've secured the name; earth-watch.com, but could use some assistance.  The physical work mentioned earlier, is for pay, but the website gig is mostly volunteer, tho I will offer some trades like furniture, magazines, books and/or free meals.

I always like your posting, I can't help you with your building project, to far away, but pm me if you need some help with your website stuff.

2 hours ago, Flustered said:

Perhaps if you gave some information on what the project is about, what your aims are and what the time scales are, you might get some interest?

I did give some detail in the OP, but figured I didn't want to bore readers by too much detail.

When I was younger and needed some spending cash, I would check out offers and go onward from there.  I've always been self-employed, and have done dozens of different gigs.  I don't see that spirit here in Chiang Rai.  If anyone is looking for work, they seem to all gravitate towards safe gigs like government work, or being a check-out clerk at 7-11.  Nothing outside the box.  Speaking of 'outside the box', I'm also building alternative power contraptions, passive solar water heaters, and odd things like that. Anyone working with me is going to learn new skills.  I've even built several structures using cable-stays, similar to how a suspension bridge is kept intact.   I'm who Paul McCartney was singing about in 'Fool on the Hill.'   

Archived