EMS delays

Bill63

Anyone had problems sending letters or packets to UK from Thailand recently by EMS?

Have a letter with documents in that has been in Frankfurt for 7 days now. Status is “held by customs”.

Sounds like it’s just a customs backlog in Germany but not seeing the value in paying nearly 1,100 Baht for these service times. In total 10 days already and counting..

I have fairly recently started arranging for home collection via DHL online. Previously I had been taking mail to the collection offices of both DHL and FedEx. This is in Pattaya - with my home in East Pattaya.

For shipments to UK (London) I have been charged less than Bt900 for each of three  mail shipments over the last four months. Each has taken 2/3 days to arrive. Also send to India/Dubai/Egypt and all have been cheaper via home collection than via the town office (maybe due to them being franchises?).

Apart from the initial collection, when the pickup was slightly delayed due to house location issues, all subsequent collections have been around the time promised. Once in their system they have a clear record of your location.

Works for me.

On a positive note.

Had a small package posted from regional Queensland Australia post office on a Friday pm. Delivered to my home here, 30 km from Sakon Nakhon, north Isaan, following Tuesday am.

I consider this great service.

Just sayin.