Phuket garbage pile photos go viral on Social Media

snoop1130

Phuket garbage pile photos go viral on Social Media

Eakkapop Thongtub

1486031980_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- Photos of a huge piles of rubbish mounting up at the end of Chalong Pier have started to go viral on Social Media, and so far no government office has taken responsibility for clearing the rubbish away.

A reporter from The Phuket News visited the pier today (Feb 2) and said that as well as the rubbish being unsightly, it is also giving off a horrendous smell.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-garbage-pile-photos-go-viral-on-social-media-60886.php#Jfd0FAuZoUMtL0J2.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-2-2

That is not the end of the pier. That part is only used by a few fishing boats, not difficult to determine who is responsible.

Some of those photos are of the garbage bins at the end of the pier. No surprise to find garbage there, but those bins are emptied every day.

46 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That is not the end of the pier. That part is only used by a few fishing boats, not difficult to determine who is responsible.

Some of those photos are of the garbage bins at the end of the pier. No surprise to find garbage there, but those bins are emptied every day.

Whatever the details, the situation shows complete failure at garbage disposal which has been going on for many years and as everyone knows is pretty widespread.

Whatever the details, the situation shows complete failure at garbage disposal which has been going on for many years and as everyone knows is pretty widespread.

No, it does not. As mentioned, some of the photos give a completely incorrect picture since those bins are emptied every day.

It could be a lot better there btw.

sent using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, it does not. As mentioned, some of the photos give a completely incorrect picture since those bins are emptied every day.

It could be a lot better there btw.

sent using Tapatalk

Yes, it does. That *some* pictures show garbage bins (or really cages) doesn't make the bags of rubbish lying on the floor and smelling like hell go away. There should be proper (enclosed) bins and people who throw the rubbish on the ground should be fined. Again, this has been going on for years and years and it's not the only place in Phuket - or the whole country - that has this particular issue.

BTW not even huge venues like Central get the idea of proper garbage disposal. Bins are not easy to find (not many around) and for weeks the whole area down near Tops is smelling strongly of rubbish, disgusting.

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

...and so far no government office has taken responsibility for clearing the rubbish away.

So, people and companies can dump trash wherever they want, and it's the government's responsibility to haul it away?  

How'za 'bout the people who made the trash and left it where it is be held responsible for paying to have it hauled away- instead of throwing the expense onto the taxpayers who had nothing to do with it?

You can see it coming.

Thailand the biggest garbage dump in the world.

With Pattaya as the biggest whorehouse  in the world.

Put that in your tourism news release TAT.

Edited by Brer Fox

Yes, it does. That *some* pictures show garbage bins (or really cages) doesn't make the bags of rubbish lying on the floor and smelling like hell go away. There should be proper (enclosed) bins and people who throw the rubbish on the ground should be fined. Again, this has been going on for years and years and it's not the only place in Phuket - or the whole country - that has this particular issue.

BTW not even huge venues like Central get the idea of proper garbage disposal. Bins are not easy to find (not many around) and for weeks the whole area down near Tops is smelling strongly of rubbish, disgusting.

No, it does not show complete failure at garbage disposal as you claim. It is certainly not perfect there, but complete failure, far from.

sent using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

You can see it coming.

Thailand the biggest garbage dump in the world.

With Pattaya as the biggest whorehouse  in the world.

Put that in your tourism news release TAT.

You havent been to Africa then ?

48 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, it does not show complete failure at garbage disposal as you claim. It is certainly not perfect there, but complete failure, far from.

sent using Tapatalk

Of course if you want to take my words literally then yea. Not complete. But it's a shameful failure any way you want to look at it. I'm not even blaming the government fully for this. It's also the responsibility of the people to not dump their crap everywhere they like because they are too lazy to properly dispose of it. Can we agree on this?

Of course if you want to take my words literally then yea. Not complete. But it's a shameful failure any way you want to look at it. I'm not even blaming the government fully for this. It's also the responsibility of the people to not dump their crap everywhere they like because they are too lazy to properly dispose of it. Can we agree on this?

Good, glad we agree.

sent using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, stevenl said:

sent using Tapatalk

Not perfect? It is far from perfect. My garbage bin in front of the house on a major road in Rawai was emptied yesterday for the first time in  3 weeks! What do you call that?

Fortunately I am somewhat an environmental conscious person to separate things as much as I can, but it was still overflowing as I could not close the lid  completely.

If you have a moment to spare, just have a look around and behind the Or Bor Tor building in Rawai, the pictures from Chalong look like a clean place compared to that open air dump.

45 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

Not perfect? It is far from perfect. My garbage bin in front of the house on a major road in Rawai was emptied yesterday for the first time in  3 weeks! What do you call that?

Fortunately I am somewhat an environmental conscious person to separate things as much as I can, but it was still overflowing as I could not close the lid  completely.

If you have a moment to spare, just have a look around and behind the Or Bor Tor building in Rawai, the pictures from Chalong look like a clean place compared to that open air dump.

I think you missed the word 'there' referring to Chalong Pier.

Come on what's a bit of garbage on such a beautiful Island

Tourists will love it, something to play with in the water

thais don't mind it so sod the Farangs

That seems to be the message to us in every other department so get on with it

or check out Cambodia and Vietnam nuff said