Army chief admits there are threats to Prayuth and Prawit - but the security services can handle it

webfact

Army chief admits there are threats to Prayuth and Prawit - but the security services can handle it

4a.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- The chief of the army Chalermchai Sitthisat has admitted that there are threats made to the safety of PM Prayuth and deputy PM Prawit but that the security services are in place to prevent any attacks that might endanger the men.

The three men are known in the Thai press as Big Jiap, Big Too and Big Pom respectively.

Chalermchai said that these days people were going online to make all sorts of threats. Whether they were credible or not was another matter, reported Thairath.

But he said whether they were credible or not the public could be confident that there is a security apparatus in place that would be able to deal with any eventuality.

He assured the public of the safety of key figures in the government.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-03

Going on line to make threats against the "BIG" three, 

surely the internet big brother watchers would track down 

and remove these vile people to the adjustment chalets,

I mean rehabilitation discussion center,

persuasion and understanding, before release clinic,

the truth and reconciliation  and holistic retreat.

OH butter would not melt in their mouths,

Army chief admits there are threats to Prayuth and Prawit - but the security services can handle it

4a.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- The chief of the army Chalermchai Sitthisat has admitted that there are threats made to the safety of PM Prayuth and deputy PM Prawit but that the security services are in place to prevent any attacks that might endanger the men.

Surely, he is not preparing an excuse to blame the public in case an attempt comes from within,?

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

When polls show 90%+ like the government, where is the opposition???

They like it because 90% of the population is illiterate, all they do is watch Ch 7, which is about for the mentality  of a 10 year old, I have never seen anybody reading a good book and very few reading the newspapers. So how would they know about the government?  

4 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

They like it because 90% of the population is illiterate, all they do is watch Ch 7, which is about for the mentality  of a 10 year old, I have never seen anybody reading a good book and very few reading the newspapers. So how would they know about the government?  

Exactly, sir!

But you might rather want 2 call it 'practically illiterate' or something along that line before the next on-duty-apologizer lectures you about their (alleged) 96% literacy-rate ... 

1 minute ago, jollyhangmon said:

Exactly, sir!

But you might rather want 2 call it 'practically illiterate' or something along that line before the next on-duty-apologizer lectures you about their (alleged) 96% literacy-rate ... 

I read about the 96% literacy-rate and I thought it was a joke.

1 minute ago, Gerard052 said:

I read about the 96% literacy-rate and I thought it was a joke.

... makes 2 of us already - at least! It's just like the 1% unemployment jest ... 

Have to add tough the rate of 'practically illiterate' (for lack of better vocabulary) younger folks back home seems to get quite staggering too ... 

On 2/3/2017 at 11:52 AM, jollyhangmon said:

... makes 2 of us already - at least! It's just like the 1% unemployment jest ... 

Have to add tough the rate of 'practically illiterate' (for lack of better vocabulary) younger folks back home seems to get quite staggering too ... 

You are right about the 1% unemployment jest, although in lots of cases they use 10 people to do one person's work or look at the security people, they are a big joke.