1 year None immigrant O visa

Hello Visa experts,

Finally I am the owner of a none immigrant "O" visa with multipel entries. 
Some time ago I read in this forum about such visa and suggestions from some experts how to best make use of it.
I would welcome your help to discover this information at the forum.

Make your last entry as close to or on the 'enter before' date printed on the visa for a final 90 day permit to stay. That gives nearly 15 months. Towards the end of the 90 days you can extend for 60 days giving nearly 17 months before needing a new visa or applying for a 1 year extension of stay.

Any 90 day stay can be extended, once, by 60 days if you want to delay or do do less border runs.

• Like 1

After 90 days you have 2 choices

1. Border hop and get another 90 days.

2. Extend for 60 days at local immigration office for reason to visit wife.

You can do a 60 day extention on every 90 day entry if you want. 

Then a couple of days before non o expires do a border run get 90 days then a week before that expires get a 60 day extension that would be 17 months on that non o. Then get another non o l.

Edited by Deepinthailand
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, elviajero said:

Make your last entry as close to or on the 'enter before' date printed on the visa for a final 90 day permit to stay. That gives nearly 15 months. Towards the end of the 90 days you can extend for 60 days giving nearly 17 months before needing a new visa or applying for a 1 year extension of stay.

Any 90 day stay can be extended, once, by 60 days if you want to delay or do do less border runs.

The above advice on 60 day extensions assumes you are the spouse or parent of a Thai. If you're not then nearly 15 months is the most you'll get from this visa.

• Like 1

On 3.2.2017 at 4:30 AM, Deepinthailand said:

After 90 days you have 2 choices

1. Border hop and get another 90 days.

2. Extend for 60 days at local immigration office for reason to visit wife.

You can do a 60 day extention on every 90 day entry if you want. 

Then a couple of days before non o expires do a border run get 90 days then a week before that expires get a 60 day extension that would be 17 months on that non o. Then get another non o l.

Once all extensions are applied to my present nono o , can I get another none o without leaving Thailand?

6 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

Once all extensions are applied to my present nono o , can I get another none o without leaving Thailand?

What do you mean by extensions? 60 day? Once your non o runs our you have to leave thialand and get another most use savanakhet. You can of course go down the yearly extension based on marriage or retirement. Lots of threads on here about how to do that. What is required paperwork funds ect.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

You cannot apply for another visa while in the country.

You could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from the visa at your local immigration office.. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

27 minutes ago, Doiger said:

Just out of curiosity, on what basis did you get the original non o multi entry?

finding that out would help you more with your queries.

I am 70 years old and mentioned in my letter that I am going to travel in SE Asia, attached all required documents including my CV.

2 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

I am 70 years old and mentioned in my letter that I am going to travel in SE Asia, attached all required documents including my CV.

In order to get another visa you would have to get it in the UK or apply for an extension based upon retirement at immigration. You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

• Like 1

You cannot apply for another visa while in the country.
You could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from the visa at your local immigration office.. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Why have 400k baht in bank account when after you use the first non o visa ( almost 17months ) just apply new one!? Is there any limit how many times can apply the same non o visa?
  • Like 1

On 4.2.2017 at 5:57 PM, ubonjoe said:

In order to get another visa you would have to get it in the UK or apply for an extension based upon retirement at immigration. You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

The last, extension based on retirement, would be suitable. I have read in one of the Thai magazines that a 10 year visa is in work by the Thai Immigration Authorities. Are there news available on this project? 

On 5.2.2017 at 0:10 AM, golden farang said:

Why have 400k baht in bank account when after you use the first non o visa ( almost 17months ) just apply new one!? Is there any limit how many times can apply the same non o visa?

In order to do so, will I need to go back to my country of origin to apply for a new visa, or should I apply for an extension of my present visa in Thailand?

42 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

The last, extension based on retirement, would be suitable. I have read in one of the Thai magazines that a 10 year visa is in work by the Thai Immigration Authorities. Are there news available on this project? 

There has been no news about the 10 year visa since it was first reported.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There has been no news about the 10 year visa since it was first reported.

ok. understood.

Do I have to report every 3 months to the immigration authorities with my none immigrant "O" visa with multipel entries?

26 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

ok. understood.

Do I have to report every 3 months to the immigration authorities with my none immigrant "O" visa with multipel entries?

OK 

Non o visa  

Every 3 months you HAVE TO LEAVE the country (unless your married or have kids you can then apply at immigration for an extra 60 days to visit said wife or kids) to get a new stamp for 90 days in your passport. You can NOT report every 90 days to immigration.