Current Immigration Templates

Hi All,

A cursory glance in the pinned topic shows that some of the templates have been updated but (at least of this new computer) are no longer able to be completed using a computer. I only noticed this because my existing TM7 mastercopy when transferred to a new computer became 3 pages instead of 2, causing me to seek a replacement. I note too that 'Fee 1900 bhat' no longer appears on some docs either. Samui residents take note!

Can someone please post a link to current cira 2017 TM7, TM47 etc templates that we can prepare and save on our computers?

Thank you :)

Edited by evadgib
Added a link to the pinned topic

Immigration has changed their download page. There are some new forms added and only the PDF version of the TM7 form is available at this time.

See: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Immigration has made some minor changes to the TM7 form but it should be a problem to use the old one. Try this one. tm7.doc  It showing 3 pages is normally a problem with program you are using to open it.

The TM47 for is on the page webpage I posted the a link for. Just Just scroll down the page.

I don't understand what you speak about. My Microsoft Word shows 2 pages (TM7). I printed a week ago (the old form?), double sided. I plan to go tomorrow again, since they sent me away because I was too early. Must I now print out the new form, or can I use the old one?

So, which form must I use now? Which link is ok?

Edited by alocacoc

44 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

I don't understand what you speak about. My Microsoft Word shows 2 pages (TM7). I printed a week ago (the old form?), double sided. I plan to go tomorrow again, since they sent me away because I was too early. Must I now print out the new form, or can I use the old one?

So, which form must I use now? Which link is ok?

The problem with it loading as 3 pages is a problem with the program he using to open it.

You can use the old form. Immigration probably will not be enforcing use of the new form since the difference is so small between the 2. There is no MS word format for the new one only a PDF version is available.

• Like 1

Thank you.

I just recognized the immigration kept my second set of copies. Well, I will see tomorrow if they accept my forms and if i need more copies. For others: If you got already a receipt of notification tagged onto your passport, provide the next time a copy of this sheet as well.

OP, you’re probably using Office/Word2016. Most of Immigration’s Word-documents are drafted in Word 97-2003. Word2016 can still open these, but the original layout gets distorted. I haven’t been able to find a fix myself (would be interested to hear from PoorSucker how he did it), I eventually dusted off my old computer to fill out the forms for my last business with them. I guess the waiting is for someone in Immigration’s IT department to wake up to the fact that the world has moved on since Word97 was all the rage, and that perhaps it’s time to redo the forms using slightly less antique software.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration has changed their download page. There are some new forms added and only the PDF version of the TM7 form is available at this time.

Immigration has made some minor changes to the TM7 form but it should be a problem to use the old one. Try this one. tm7.doc  It showing 3 pages is normally a problem with program you are using to open it.

The TM47 for is on the page webpage I posted the a link for. Just Just scroll down the page.

This tm7.doc shows me 2 pages on Word 2016.

A quick question. Do I need 2 sets of photocopies or is one set enough? The immigration kept one set.

6 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

This tm7.doc shows me 2 pages on Word 2016.

A quick question. Do I need 2 sets of photocopies or is one set enough? The immigration kept one set.

You only need one set of copies along with one TM7 form to apply for the extension.

1 hour ago, leftorright said:

Got it: I changed Word's default language preference from English US to English UK and now the tm7.dot and the tm7.doc files show on the familiar 2 pages. Can't wait until my next extension with this newly found knowledge :post-4641-1156694572:

I had hope, but no, I still get three pages with English UK in MS Word 2010.

I wonder what program they used to create the .doc files.  I would think my elderly version of MS Office 2010 would be able to recreate the original format, but it doesn't.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2017 at 5:46 PM, ubonjoe said:

And I notice that one of the changes to the TM7 form is that handicapped persons or persons with disabilities are no longer required to submit their extension of stay applications in person. However whether or not that particular exemption will be observed by all immigration offices in practice is, of course, another matter.

I just discovered I can complete the new TM7 form PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC by clicking on Fill and Sign. Got it all filled out and saved for when I do my application in about 6 months. I will just have to change the date on it.

On 2/6/2017 at 1:35 PM, ubonjoe said:

I just discovered I can complete the new TM7 form PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC by clicking on Fill and Sign. Got it all filled out and saved for when I do my application in about 6 months. I will just have to change the date on it.

That's what I have done for several years Joe but as yet still haven't mastered how to make a 2 page document from 3.

I think @wpcoe raised a good point re MS office. I appreciate @leftorright 's suggestion too :)

Edited by evadgib

14 hours ago, evadgib said:

That's what I have done for several years Joe but as yet still haven't mastered how to make a 2 page document from 3.

Using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC it only has two pages.

The 3 page problem is only when using the MS word document format when using some programs. I use Kingsoft office and it only show 2 pages. Have used the same completed form for a few years now. Just change the date and my age and print it out two sided.

• Like 1

I just downloaded this morning TM7 from the link Ubonjoe helpfully gave me and checking I found the old Word doc he posted is not set to A4 paper size, that might, probably is, the reason you got 3 pages.

However, if you have as Joe pointed out, and I am on my learning curve here, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you can ask it to "print and sign" and it has a test box on every place you need to fill in. Tip - the text boxes are all over the place but by running the mouse over them until you get a + and then clicking you can drag them to where you want them.

• Like 2