Where to find good quality electrical parts

Genericnic

Hi all.

I am looking for some place in the Chiang Mai area that sells good quality electrical parts. 

I am looking for a fuse block similar to the one in the picture plus a good quality SPST relay.

Any help appreciated.

David

fuseblock.jpg

Chang Moi rd, between the moat & the Chinese gate.

On the left about half way down there is a big shop selling all kinds of bits to boy racer your motorbike. These people are the dregs of humanity.

However, on the opposite side of the road is a small place selling motorbike bits & electrical stuff.

The place doesn't look like much, but he's got lots of good stuff stashed away.

The guy speeds ok English & is very helpful, worth a try.

There is shop down Chang Klan Rd that sells all sorts of vehicle electrical gear. Its opposite the Shangri La hotel.  Ive bought a few Steibel airhorns from the guy and he has quite an array of relays etc.

He normally has a display of motor vehicle lights out front and from memory his shop front is a green colour.

Worth a look

6 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

There is shop down Chang Klan Rd that sells all sorts of vehicle electrical gear. Its opposite the Shangri La hotel.  Ive bought a few Steibel airhorns from the guy and he has quite an array of relays etc.

He normally has a display of motor vehicle lights out front and from memory his shop front is a green colour.

Worth a look

I think I know the place. About a 3 or 4 minute walk from where I live. Glad to hear about the Steibel airhorns too. Thanks

David

The airhorns (Compact snail shell design) sell for about 950 baht, however about a year ago a friend visiting from the Philippines bought 2 for just 800 baht each.  They have an incredible loudness and generally 'shock' people to either get out of the way or get off the road.

I has a set on my CRF.  Very useful in alerting those whom try and pull out in front of you, that you are coming through.  Easy to install as there are no airlines from the compressor to the trumpets (Like a lot of the cheaper Chinese designed airhorns).  The friend from the Phils installed a set on his wifes car, he didnt bother with putting in a relay (Which I thought was a bit of a risk).  The compressor does 'suck' a bit of power and its easy enough to wire in a 'heavier' guage line from the relay to the horn.  

Do it once and do it properly..... saves headache later.