Americans divided on media treatment of Trump: Gallup

webfact

Considering that U.S. media is generally a monopoly owned by a few corporations (thus pro Trump); I would surmise that despite significant coverage of Trump's shenanigans, corruption, lies, questionable presidential directives, alleged comfy relationships with Israel and Putin, and the list goes on... that MORE media coverage is in order. Question Authority. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that U.S. media is generally a monopoly owned by a few corporations (thus pro Trump); I would surmise that despite significant coverage of Trump's shenanigans, corruption, lies, questionable presidential directives, alleged comfy relationships with Israel and Putin, and the list goes on... that MORE media coverage is in order. Question Authority. 

If they're in the tank for President Trump, why did the press give President Obama a pass on all his shenanigans, corruption, lies, questionable presidential directives, alleged comfy relationships with Palestine and Castro, and the list goes on.

Are they in the tank for everyone?

28 minutes ago, mogandave said:

If they're in the tank for President Trump, why did the press give President Obama a pass on all his shenanigans, corruption, lies, questionable presidential directives, alleged comfy relationships with Palestine and Castro, and the list goes on.

Tell us about Obama's corruption.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:50 PM, dick dasterdly said:

And that's the point!  The normally complicit electorate no longer trust those reporting the news.

If they did, Trump wouldn't have been elected and the UK referendum wouldn't have resulted in a brexit result.

Back on topic - the OP is based on yet another poll, and recent events have made many of us very sceptical about poll results.

The most relevent comment made so far !!  The world is changing folks - the left wing have taken over and 'used' the media to push their agenda for a long time - they are no longer getting away with it. Social media is the new paradigm that is enabling people to actually GIVE and SHARE their views. This has rsulted in people challenging the medias statements and getting validation from others that their views are accurate and reflect what the majority of people think.  The net result is that the media has been displaced and with it the Dems/Libs in USA and the Euro supporters in UK.  That 'silent' majority was silent because they did not have a voice - the left/libs have always been active at protesting and being heard - and nmow the right wing pragmatists are starting to do the same. This 'movement' will sweep across the western world - the People have had enough and want changes.

I was always amazed how for many years, whenever I raised my 'right wing' views on matters at social events, that the majority of people actually agreed - but they also always felt there was nothing they could do. Things like 'political correctness' and 'sexist/racist quota systems' were not supported by most people - but they felt that speaking out would draw criticism they didnt want to get.  Those days are coming to a close - they are finding their voice and the political pendulums in all western countries is bring swung back towards the right. Despite the threats of global wars and Hitler re-incarnations and the murder of all first-born babies,  the People are deciding that those claims are all lies and were designed to make many people feel 'innapropriate' and to stay quiet.  The right will never resort to violent public rallies of abuse and threat as the left wing do on a regular basis (and as exampled by the two recent 'women's marches in USA) - but they have found their voice through social media and the MSM will have to eventually accept that (like it or not). AND there is a groing number of people who are not as 'activist' and 'violent' as the loony left wingers are being, and they are not accepting their behaviours and are walking away from the Dems/Libs - they are joining the 'right' side of politics.

5 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

The most relevent comment made so far !!  The world is changing folks - the left wing have taken over and 'used' the media to push their agenda for a long time - they are no longer getting away with it. Social media is the new paradigm that is enabling people to actually GIVE and SHARE their views. This has rsulted in people challenging the medias statements and getting validation from others that their views are accurate and reflect what the majority of people think.  The net result is that the media has been displaced and with it the Dems/Libs in USA and the Euro supporters in UK.  That 'silent' majority was silent because they did not have a voice - the left/libs have always been active at protesting and being heard - and nmow the right wing pragmatists are starting to do the same. This 'movement' will sweep across the western world - the People have had enough and want changes.

I was always amazed how for many years, whenever I raised my 'right wing' views on matters at social events, that the majority of people actually agreed - but they also always felt there was nothing they could do. Things like 'political correctness' and 'sexist/racist quota systems' were not supported by most people - but they felt that speaking out would draw criticism they didnt want to get.  Those days are coming to a close - they are finding their voice and the political pendulums in all western countries is bring swung back towards the right. Despite the threats of global wars and Hitler re-incarnations and the murder of all first-born babies,  the People are deciding that those claims are all lies and were designed to make many people feel 'innapropriate' and to stay quiet.  The right will never resort to violent public rallies of abuse and threat as the left wing do on a regular basis (and as exampled by the two recent 'women's marches in USA) - but they have found their voice through social media and the MSM will have to eventually accept that (like it or not). AND there is a groing number of people who are not as 'activist' and 'violent' as the loony left wingers are being, and they are not accepting their behaviours and are walking away from the Dems/Libs - they are joining the 'right' side of politics.

The silent majority?  Really?  So are you among that large number of conservatives who believe Trump got more votes than Clinton?

And what exactly was proved about the IRS?  Nobody ever came up with any evidence that Obama had anything to do with that at all. Zero, zilch, nada, in your dreams.

That the Obama Administration wax unable to prove anything came as no surprise.

It was the video...

As they say, "bad news sells," well, Trump is a fairly easy target in the PC rich world we live in today.

The media is horrible biased in favor of the left wingers.

Case in point, the other day in the media they were addressing the issue of the UC Berkley riots because of the public speaker Milos Y. The headlines everywhere stated a similar narrative to this, "Milos Y., Alt-right provocateur incited heated protests at UC Berkely."  Now honestly, how disingenuous is that? A public speaker was coming to the university on a lecture tour snd the media is painting a narrative that he stated a riot, which he didn't. People who oppose his view points incited a riot. The true has little relevance though.

As they say, "bad news sells," well, Trump is a fairly easy target in the PC rich world we live in today.

Case in point, the other day in the media they were addressing the issue of the UC Berkley riots because of the public speaker Milos Y. The headlines everywhere stated a similar narrative to this, "Milos Y., Alt-right provocateur incited heated protests at UC Berkely."  Now honestly, how disingenuous is that? A public speaker was coming to the university on a lecture tour snd the media is painting a narrative that he stated a riot, which he didn't. People who oppose his view points incited a riot. The true has little relevance though.

"Truth is not a left wing value"

42 minutes ago, AmericanSafety said:

Trump was seen by ta NY Times reporter walking on water at a local swimming pool.

NY Time headline the next day was "Trump refuses to swim in water with other people".

9 hours ago, mogandave said:

What lies and corruption from Obama?  Castro?  Really? LOL

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2014/apr/18/is-the-irs-scandal-the-next-watergate/

Bottom line

Will likened the events at the IRS to Watergate. That’s his right as a Washington pundit, but we found little evidence (in fact, no one has) linking the actions of the IRS to the Obama White House in the way the Watergate break-in and cover up was orchestrated by Nixon’s White House.

Democrats say the Republicans are on an endless witch hunt that conveniently falls during a midterm election cycle, and Republicans say Democrats are protecting Obama and to ice out conservative groups from the elections process.

The evidence available so far indicates IRS employees behaved poorly but did so in a silo; it was not reflective of corruption from the White House or external forces.

49 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I'll stick with the bottom line from Politifact.  That is just an opinion piece from a contributor to Forbes.  With this annotation:

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

8 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

That article you linked to is an opinion piece.  100%.

It's actually worse than that.  He just throws out a bunch of facts (I haven't checked them all to be sure of that) without offering to connect them in any way. What politifact does is to check to see if there are connections.  That's a difference between real and fake journalism.

35 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

It's actually worse than that.  He just throws out a bunch of facts (I haven't checked them all to be sure of that) without offering to connect them in any way. What politifact does is to check to see if there are connections.  That's a difference between real and fake journalism.

Sadly, many tend to read what they want to hear.  If an article supports their theory, then they like it.  No matter the source.  One reason Breitbart, Zerohedge and the other conspiracy theory websites do so well.  Unfortunately!

Politifact is definitely one of the better ones.  Snopes is pretty good also.

On ‎8‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:11 PM, craigt3365 said:

B.S. The big sites just report the news.  Commentaries are a different issue.  But a lot of what CNN/BBC/??? does is just report news events.  No bias.

And you're watching them through rose coloured glasses if you believe what you wrote here.:wai:

23 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

And you're watching them through rose coloured glasses if you believe what you wrote here.:wai:

Most of what I see from CNN, is just reporting of the news.  A blast happened in France, the president of the Philippines said something silly again, some news event in the US.  Those are not lies.  Just the news.  As I said, commentaries are a different issue.  But news reports are just that...like...Trump blasted Nordstrom on Twitter.  Well, he did.  And they reported the Tweet. LOL

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, ilostmypassword said:

The silent majority?  Really?  So are you among that large number of conservatives who believe Trump got more votes than Clinton?

Why do you have to persist with the popular vote crap. So she got it, who cares, she is not the president, so boo hoo.  Remember, it's a 4 year term, and I do worry about your health considering it's only three weeks with another 205 weeks to go.  :wai:

11 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Why do you have to persist with the popular vote crap. So she got it, who cares, she is not the president, so boo hoo.  Remember, it's a 4 year term, and I do worry about your health considering it's only three weeks with another 205 weeks to go.  :wai:

Because some liars out there persist in saying that Trump's electoral victory means that he represents the silent majority. Which is what I was replying to.

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Most of what I see from CNN, is just reporting of the news.  A blast happened in France, the president of the Philippines said something silly again, some news event in the US.  Those are not lies.  Just the news.  As I said, commentaries are a different issue.  But news reports are just that...like...Trump blasted Nordstrom on Twitter.  Well, he did.  And they reported the Tweet. LOL

Ah Craig, selective viewing and reporting on your behalf, hey.  Yes, I've seen all those and yes he did say that, cannot deny that, and all the other new bits that you have mentioned, of course they are news, reported the CNN way.  Now try watching and then talking about Don Lemon: Anderson Cooper; Wolf; John Berman, Becky Anderson, Chris Cuomo; Jake Tapper; John Vause;  Isha Sesay and Kate Balduan.  I can give you plenty more of the biased leftist reporting of CNN should you want them.  But I don't think so, as it would not suit your agenda.

They all bring on panels, loaded to the hilt with those opposing the POTUS,  sometimes zero Trump supporters or 1 or 2 Trump supporters, at the most but of course they're not biased just because they balance their panels with 4 or 6 from the HRC camp. 0=4 0r 0=4 or 6: 2=4 or 6, and you have the hide to say they're not biased  Give me a break.  They all claim they are news but really, they are commentaries and they try their hardest by putting leading statements to those who they know support Trump and then cut them short or even cut them off  when they do not follow their lead or give answers that suits their agendas

As I said, CNN does more, a lot more, than just report the news and what it is up to is promoting it's left wing views as well as those of other media outlets and the biased commentaries of their reporters and anchors.  So please, if you want to comment on something, then put the whole story, take of you glasses and be fair dinkum for once.:wai:

22 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Because some liars out there persist in saying that Trump's electoral victory means that he represents the silent majority. Which is what I was replying to.

Do you think I cannot understand what you were replying to. Now you've gone from you initial statement that a large number of conservatives "BELIEVE" Trump got more votes to "SOME LAIRS" are persisting he got more votes. Make up your mind, what is it?

As I said, she did, but she lost and is not the POTUS, so there is really no need to keep harping about the popular vote crap, makes no difference.  And instead of calling some people liars, try and say being nice for a change or does your definition of believe mean lying?:wai:

2 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Do you think I cannot understand what you were replying to. Now you've gone from you initial statement that a large number of conservatives "BELIEVE" Trump got more votes to "SOME LAIRS" are persisting he got more votes. Make up your mind, what is it?

As I said, she did, but she lost and is not the POTUS, so there is really no need to keep harping about the popular vote crap, makes no difference.  And instead of calling some people liars, try and say being nice for a change or does your definition of believe mean lying?:wai:

Can't help you with your reading disability. I said what I meant. If you feel the need to construe it otherwise, that might be a matter for you to take up with your therapist. There's nothing I can do about it.

On 2/10/2017 at 11:17 PM, ELVIS123456 said:

- the left wing have taken over and 'used' the media to push their agenda for a long time -

I stopped reading at this point.  Look around. It's the people in with power and influence that are pushing their agendas. Tax laws are written by and for people with millions and billions. The lines between right and left are blurred. The only distinctive lines left are the people with money and the rest of us.

If you think anything else you've bought into the shinola the folks in DC are selling.