New tablet purchase

prophet01

I'm back in UK for a few months and have decided to buy a budget tablet of some description essentially for travel use (media viewing), general out and about use and sofa surfing.

My main workhorse is a Surface Pro 2 set up in my home office connected to a large monitor.

After doing some research I'm leaning toward the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 either 8" or 10"

With respect to the 8" version

Argos sells a 1GB RAM version at £110  Argos 1GB version click here

Ebuyer sells the 2GB Ram version at £130  Ebuyer 2GB version click here

Additionally, although I use a Galaxy android phone, I really haven't utilised the android operating system sufficiently to understand what it's capable of as against windows which, with the surface pro, I use everyday for intensive applications.

Any thoughts on the above would be most appreciated.

Edited by prophet01
minor text alteration

I would say hold out for the Yoga Tab 3 Plus, which has 3Gb as well as 802.11ac Wifi.

Problem is it's like finding rocking horse sh!t at the moment.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/lenovo/yoga-tablet-series/yoga-tab-3-plus/

Added: I tell a lie, it's available for some bizarre reason on Amazon Germany, and I have a forwarding address in Frankfurt, so thanks to your post I now have one on order :w00t:

Edited by Chicog

Oh, and as for Android, in my opinion it is a far more intuitive touch screen interface than Microsoft's. They've had so many goes at it but never really seem to get it right.

Not least because of the dazzling variety of apps you can get for it compared to the paltry Microsoft store.

Thanks for the excellent advice Chicog.

I actually bought the 8" Yoga from Amazon a couple of days ago. Free next day delivery for £130.

I did consider the Tab 3 Plus 10" which you suggest, on sale in UK now, but couldn't justify the £299 price tag for the purposes I wanted a secondary machine.

I must say I'm rather impressed with the build quality of the Yoga Tab 3 8" and particularly with the Dolby sound coming from the two front facing speakers. It's also the perfect size for my purposes.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the above links but for some reason I get a 403 Access denied on the Ebuyer link.

I am interested in the Yoga Tab 3 .

Slightly off topic; I seem to be getting a lot of 403 access denied today. Did a lot of searching about termites. Maybe 40% of the links gave that message.

On 3/2/2017 at 8:11 PM, petedk said:

I tried the above links but for some reason I get a 403 Access denied on the Ebuyer link.

I am interested in the Yoga Tab 3 .

21 hours ago, prophet01 said:

All links work as they should for, for me.

Using my 3BB ADSL account, clicking on the Ebuyer link in the OP nets:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.ebuyer.com/759872-lenovo-yoga-tab-3-8-16gb-black-za090061gb" on this server.

Reference #18.6b41160.1488699342.20fd4272

Using 3BB ADSL but routing via a Singapore-based VPN, and the link opens as expected.

how do UK electronics prices compare to Thailand? I found UK to be a lot more expensive than the US maybe because of the high VAT...

presently thinkin' about a lenovo 15.6", i7 processor, with 8gb memory... about thb27k w/o OS at invadeit...add win10 and MS office then about thb33k

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 1 month later...

Any further comments on the Lenovo Yoga Tab3 plus tablet?

I am on the edge buying one in Korea for just under 14k baht (free shipping). I can't find it in Thailand via on-line searches, Banana IT only sells the low spec 8"

I love this build-in stand and after thinking about it, 10" is likely the right size for my son and ip52 rating is always nice too, monster battery & good speakers.

On 3/5/2017 at 2:38 PM, wpcoe said:

Using my 3BB ADSL account, clicking on the Ebuyer link in the OP nets:

Using 3BB ADSL but routing via a Singapore-based VPN, and the link opens as expected.

same here on 3bb

Now what should I do, if ordering it from Amazon at 420$ I will get it fast and they have calculated app100$ import fees in that price & 20$ shipping. The Tablet is only 299$ actually. 

The one on Ebay is 400$ in Korea, free shipping and import on own risk, South Korea; needless to say, LOL.

Well I think I rather get it from Amazon and it should be here in 5 days.