immigration charging for tm30?

10 minutes ago, William C F Pierce said:

If someone stayed at a hotel for just one night and then chose to travel tour all over Thailand by night buses for 2 weeks (backpacking) before leaving. Where does the TM 30 then apply or is this a legal loophole? 

No

Unless a person needs to so something at a immigration office they would never be bothered for TM30 form.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I returned after border run using METV last month. Officer at Jomtien said no need to come to do TM30 again if away only up to 3 days. I asked her to write rule on back of my receipt. She did and said, to keep it in my passport.

I expect that having an official written proof is safe enough although I'm going back, regardless, to see them each time to confirm it.

I offer peace to all. 

D

4 hours ago, stud858 said:

I returned after border run using METV last month. Officer at Jomtien said no need to come to do TM30 again if away only up to 3 days. I asked her to write rule on back of my receipt. She did and said, to keep it in my passport.

I expect that having an official written proof is safe enough although I'm going back, regardless, to see them each time to confirm it.

Good plan.  I recently returned on a new entry and obtained a new TM-30 receipt at Jomtien - after only 3 days out - no mention of not needing to do this. 

Perhaps because you are on the same parent-visa, they handle it differently - similar to another report of someone on a longer ME Visa who was given instructions similar to yours. 

I wish these rules were published somewhere.

Yep, it's crazines, every office and every officer has a different rules. No matter if you're trying to get a visa, get married or trying to get a driving license.

I went to Immigration office ask them for a certificate of residence. And there they found out, that I didn't reported my place of stay (after about 40 days in country). They instructed me how to do it next time, lately reported my current place of stay for me, and then I was issued requested certificate of residence. Without any fine... .

That was a good experience with a different office, different rules.

Don't let me start how I got married at 9th Amphur, because previous 8th refused me, even I had all correct paperwork.... .

TiT  :smile:

• 1 month later...

Rule of thumb:

A foreigners stay at a property MUST be reported to Immigration by 1) The Owner, 2) The Housemaster, 3) The Possessor - you can make the report if you stay at the property ( renting ), within 24 hours or the OWNER of the property IS subject to a fine.  Use TM-30 form.

My rental ""agent"" had no idea what a TM-30 was, told me, "not to worry".  I called the owner, he had no idea what I was talking about.  I went to Immigration and filed the form, filed it as "Possessor". Remember, I also have to file a personal change of address on a different form., I want ALL paperwork in order

• 1 year later...
On 2/7/2017 at 5:49 AM, Get Real said:

Regarding the amount for filing a TM.30 late, there is no offical amount that tells 300, 800 or 1600 Bath. There is on the other hand a rule that states 200 per day upp to a maximum 2000 Bath fine.

As always this is different depending on which immigration office it regards, due to that nobody work same or no all the different things. I have also heard that it could be a jail sentence for the landlord, but never heard of that one being used. 

nothing is simple or standardised in this place....