Is Wu-Tang Clan really coming to Bangkok in May?!

snoop1130

Is Wu-Tang Clan really coming to Bangkok in May?!

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

WUTANGCLAN-696x432.jpg

Photo: Wu-Tang Clan / Facebook

BANGKOK — Call it a long shot, but a cryptic tease for an upcoming concert got the internet humming Tuesday at the possibility a legendary New York hip-hop band could be coming to Thailand this May.

An image posted around noon on Tuesday on Golden Axe Music Festival was quickly interpreted by some to mean the event’s headliner could be Wu-Tang Clan, one of the most important and influential hip-hop groups since 1992.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/events/2017/02/07/wu-tang-clan-really-coming-bangkok-may/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-2-7

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Legendary hip-hop band ??

I have never heard of them, so not that legendary.

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

The what?????

Anyone who doesnt know who the wu tang clan are must have been living under a rock or in a jungle for the last 2 decades.. 

Not even just the music, the pop culture, the issues with the album rights and Martin Shkreli, movies acting and directing.. Hell they are self mocking on the damn simpson thats how pop culture they are.

Saying never heard of them says so much more about you than it does  them. 

2 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Anyone who doesnt know who the wu tang clan are must have been living under a rock or in a jungle for the last 2 decades.. 

Not even just the music, the pop culture, the issues with the album rights and Martin Shkreli, movies acting and directing.. Hell they are self mocking on the damn simpson thats how pop culture they are.

I have never heard of them and never want to hear them.

Ok now i will get back under my rock.:cheesy:

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Oh dear, time to change Rocks!

like the name though.....

rhymes with the " poon tang fan "

definition;

a) instrument used to keep the "foo foo" cool in hot climes

B) person who has a great deal of love for "foo foo"

Edited by The Dark Lord
Inspiration

5 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

OK, I admit it, I have been living under a rock or in a jungle for most of the last two decades (well,  in Thailand actually, so that's pretty close), but now that I know who they are and what they do, I have made a note in my diary to avoid Bangkok in May, just in case they actually do arrive. All this adoration for so-called pop stars and personalities is way over the top in my opinion, even though of course I am one myself.  :smile:

I love the Wu Tang Clan, they're easily my favourite music act of all time.

But i have to say, I saw them perform in Hammersmith one time and the set was a mess.  Maybe the acoustics there were poor, but it was impossible to hear a damn thing especially clearly.  But it was nice to be there nevertheless.

You would have to bring Lawrence Welk back from the grave to excite some of the fossilized dinosaurs living in Thailand. Would be great to see a big name group come to Bangkok. Lord knows most bands avoid Thailand like the plague. 

Even if you don't like or care about Wu Tang Clan if you want more artists to come to Thailand it would be better to wish them a successful event. I am not sure the half a dozen of us under 70 years old living in Thailand will sell enough tickets though.

Black guys grunting, no musicality, lyrics glorifying violence, crime, expoiting women, money, drugs.
Most Thai people would be shocked if they could actually understand the rubbish rap/hip-hop is about. None of these guys can play a musical instrument can they? Samples and studio production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black guys grunting, no musicality, lyrics glorifying violence, crime, expoiting women, money, drugs.

Most Thai people would be shocked if they could actually understand the rubbish rap/hip-hop is about. None of these guys can play a musical instrument can they? Samples and studio production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes, a narrow minded person that generalizes. You may be old and you may not like rap or hip/hop, but let me give you some food for thought. For roughly 15 years I have been wondering why the people that criticize rap for "violence, crime, exploiting women, money, drugs" are the same people that watch Hollywood movies. For each rap song you name me, I can name you a Hollywood blockbuster that does the exact same thing. Rap puts an entire story in 3 or 4 minutes...a movie is 90 minutes. However, movies get away with it. Please explain to me why movies can, but rap cannot?

As for hiphop artists not being able to play instruments, may I offer you some YouTube videos with them playing instruments...

Wutang member RZA playing piano:

Two brothers "grunting, no musicality, lyrics glorifying violence, crime, expoiting women, money, drugs. "

Another great hiphop artist playing the guitar. Wyclef Jean

I rest my case :)

Notice the first words the guy uses to criticize rap music are "black guys"? Almost every discussion on the internet involving the merits of rap devolves at some point into thinly veiled racism. 

Oh yeah, label anything you disagree with racism (yawn). Hip Hop/Rap is closely associated with African Americans, who self identify as black. (I guess you have Vanilla Ice and M&M prancing on stage grabbing their crotches in some animalistic display. What grown man does that?) BTW some of the most BIGOTED remarks I have heard about African Americans come from actual Africans and Jamaicans I worked with who don't really care for their music or culture.

If you want to hear some real racism go listen to the Ice Cube song "Cave Bitch".

Ah yes, a narrow minded person that generalizes. You may be old and you may not like rap or hip/hop, but let me give you some food for thought. For roughly 15 years I have been wondering why the people that criticize rap for "violence, crime, exploiting women, money, drugs" are the same people that watch Hollywood movies. For each rap song you name me, I can name you a Hollywood blockbuster that does the exact same thing. Rap puts an entire story in 3 or 4 minutes...a movie is 90 minutes. However, movies get away with it. Please explain to me why movies can, but rap cannot?

As for hiphop artists not being able to play instruments, may I offer you some YouTube videos with them playing instruments...

Wutang member RZA playing piano:

[/url]Two brothers "grunting, no musicality, lyrics glorifying violence, crime, expoiting women, money, drugs. "

Another great hiphop artist playing the guitar. Wyclef Jean

I rest my case :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z8jrNTgL97o?feature=oembed' rel="external nofollow">

That is amateur musical ability of a a few, select artists which I have also. I'm was not stupid enough to try to make a career out of it (although I did get into a Music program I decided to study something else at University).

Check out Kamasi Washington for example some real musicians the likes I'd rather see in BKK. Accomplished, professional, uplifting and innovative. I would like for young people here to know there is more to American music than dancing on a stage and more to the English language than "put yer hands up put your // hands up" and calling wimmen bitches and Ho's.