EEA national -Spouse family permit

Let's face it. If it was possible to do what the OP suggested, we would all be doing it.

Good challange though, if you read the bumf it does sound like you should be able to do it, full marks to 7by7 for spotting the "gotcha".

2 hours ago, welshboy454 said:

Many thanks to everyone who replied and particularly 7by7 who pointed out the snooker in the Directive . I checked the

Statutory Instruments
2006 No. 1003

IMMIGRATION
The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006

Which contains the definition

“EEA national” means a national of an EEA State;

“EEA State” means—
(a)a member State, other than the United Kingdom

Needless to say I shall abandon the idea as that is pretty definitive.

Those are the UK's regulations which are, of course, based upon the directive itself.

All other EEA states, and Switzerland,  have the same caveat in their equivalent regulations; because of Article 3 para 1 of the directive; which I quoted earlier.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

Good challange though, if you read the bumf it does sound like you should be able to do it, full marks to 7by7 for spotting the "gotcha".

7by7 probably has more knowledge about visas etc than all the rest of us put together.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rasg said:

7by7 probably has more knowledge about visas etc than all the rest of us put together.

Thanks for the compliment.

However, there are those with more knowledge than I; among others Donutz on the EU regulations, Tony M on the UK ones for example.

8 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

However, there are those with more knowledge than I; among others Donutz on the EU regulations, Tony M on the UK ones for example.

I know but I couldn’t remember Donutz name! He was the difference between me applying through VFS rather than the Danish Embassy for a Schengen visa the other week. Any knowledge I have acquired has only been because, with my help, my wife has applied for four visas of various flavours over the last couple of years, a Schengen visa and reading a lot.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

And thank you for your compliment. I think you pretty much catched up on EU regulations to my level. Others like MGB do at time dig down even deeper, especially in country specific details. 

It does't all matter anyway, who knows what or more. What counts is spreading knowledge . One reason I included sources, reason number two is that It saves arguments along the lines of 'say what? You are silly, who told you?' 555 And what perhaps counts above all else is being helpful to others. :)

Goodnight all, I've an early flight to catch next morning back to my mother in law and heading to BKK in a few days.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Donutz said:

It does't all matter anyway, who knows what or more. What counts is spreading knowledge

Indeed.

What matters is that people coming here in search of advice receive it. Whoever provides it is unimportant.

As long as the advice is accurate!

• Like 1

And thank you for your compliment. I think you pretty much catched up on EU regulations to my level.

I think that will be a while! By that time the UK will have a totally different set of visa rules as we will have left the EU...

What matters is that people coming here in search of advice receive it. Whoever provides it is unimportant.

As long as the advice is accurate!

Very true and the reason I dip in each day to help if I can. If I don't know the answer I keep out.

• Like 2