Is That Legal?

Following situation:

Friend of mine wants to have his own business and went to a lawyer(which is actually a visa-run company; some Phuket residence can guess which company I'm talking about) and the gave him this advise:

He can apply for a partnership Ltd. and he will get easily a 1year visa and a work permit. They've told him he does'nt have to hire any staff and no needs to pay any taxes(what means no heath ins. or social security for them).

For the registration of the partnership Ltd. he can use his house(which is in his wife's name) and his new car(600k).

For me it's a bit smelly or am I wrong?

Gerd

Tell your friend to run, do not walk, from the person giving the advice.

It is possible to get a work permit with a limited partnership BUT the negatives far out weigh the benefits, about now sunbelt should chime in with his collection of information on this subject. (I still think he has a set of boilerplate answers for most of our questions that he modifies a little to suit each situation. :o )

Tell your friend to run, do not walk, from the person giving the advice.

It is possible to get a work permit with a limited partnership BUT the negatives far out weigh the benefits, about now sunbelt should chime in with his collection of information on this subject. (I still think he has a set of boilerplate answers for most of our questions that he modifies a little to suit each situation. :o )

Nope I do not have a set. Every case is different. Everything is fresh in the post except for requirements.

Do a search on Limited Partnerships and see our comments. IMHO, it is not a good type of company formation.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Following situation:

Friend of mine wants to have his own business and went to a lawyer(which is actually a visa-run company; some Phuket residence can guess which company I'm talking about) and the gave him this advise:

He can apply for a partnership Ltd. and he will get easily a 1year visa and a work permit. They've told him he does'nt have to hire any staff and no needs to pay any taxes(what means no heath ins. or social security for them).

For the registration of the partnership Ltd. he can use his house(which is in his wife's name) and his new car(600k).

For me it's a bit smelly or am I wrong?

Gerd

How does having a car make a difference when applying for a business ?

The 1 year extension will need to be passed by Hatyai, NOT Phuket Imm. Hatyai will not issue the extension unless he can show social security receipts for the 4 Thais required for the WP.

Your friend should stay well away, and tell tem to stick with running an overstay bus!! :o