Immigration Korat dress code

On 02/08/2017 at 10:23 AM, fobuff said:

hmmmmm  Civil Servants are there to serve the public (the customer) no matter what they look like, how they dress...

Except of course in Thailand it is the other way around.. you have to fear the civil servant as he (she) has a good job and in authority to screw you as they wish....  and you have to obey all there stupid rules....

and if not bye bye attitude readjustment for you

Yes I would wear what ever I felt like back home if I actually needed to visit a government office.  Luckily that is rare due to myhomecountry 4.0 making almost anything do-able online.  As it comes to this country, well let's just say would the local bank send me off if I was wearing shorts and tank top when I wished to conduct business.....

Its shameful that white travelers need to be reminded of decorum by local officials.  Its common sense to dress a little more formally when on business. I cant work out where the gross casual garb of singlet showing armpit hair and flip flops exposing ugly feet came form?  Is it an Aussie thing?  Or just the young people in general?   

14 hours ago, Evilbaz said:

You can get copy Crocs in plain colours to match your outfit.

This is the Tropics - I don't wear anything else, anywhere.

I'd rather die than have to wear a tie.

Please put one on right now and do us all a favour.  Anybody who wears crocs publicly has lost the will to live or the right to respect.

• Like 2

Immigration Korat dress code
It's not a new thing with Korat Immigration. When they were at the old TOT office building 8-9 years ago they had similar notices displayed in the main office. Now Korat is only part of Division 4 Immigration. There's also Kap Choeng, and Buriram offices and I believe these offices don't impose a dress code. So it must be down to an individual at Korat. Haven't they got better things to do than check on people's dress, like do there jobs?
I'd have paid money to see 'Glitterman' turn up at Korat Immigration.
  • post-23678-1287935290.jpg
  • post-23678-1287935315.jpg
  • post-23678-1287935400.jpg
  • post-23678-1287935422.jpg
  • post-23678-1287935443.jpg

I met the man in person. Amazing. Truly amazing.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

24 minutes ago, The manic said:

Please put one on right now and do us all a favour.  Anybody who wears crocs publicly has lost the will to live or the right to respect.

Ha Ha Ha!

I guess you're a Pom who wears wellies and longjohns to the beach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Can you loan me one?

As posted I gave all mine away.

And I can't find a store on Phuket that sells them as there is no demand for them.

Yes SpokaneAl, the element of mystery contained in a visit to imm korat seems to be ever present. You just don't know what to expect really. I try not to make assumptions; like when I want a re-entry permit I always ask if I can have one; rather that say I want one. I suspect many visitors to imm  korat are also aware of the "special" packages that are sometimes available. Breath taking opportunities for the right people at the right time. I'm still going to try and jump through their hoops. for as long as I need to get to the other side.:smile:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2017 at 11:07 AM, Get Real said:

Yes, a real retard appearently. It´s amazing how many people exists that just don´t get it. Another fine example is when you go in to an air-conditioned and closed restaurant or pub. Here you can see all the maniacs in their pride with sleeveless tanktops, unbottoned shirt together with beach-shorts and high fashion neon coloured flip-flops. I should be a hefty fine on such behaviour.

You guys must be at least 20 years older than I (I'm 64). I enjoy my food at lot more when I am in a relaxed attire. Never got kicked out anywhere; must be natural authority, or my dails 3 or 4 showers...

• Like 2

On 2/9/2017 at 9:01 PM, The manic said:

Anybody who wears crocs publicly has lost the will to live or the right to respect.

Anybody who wears expensive leather shoes in the rainy season and wants to sacrifice them to the "water gods" has CERTAINLY lost my respect. The aversion to Crocs is just the latest snobbery trend. They are popular because they are more comfortable than flip flops and are equally waterproof. At 67, I am not trying to win any clothing awards, nor am I applying for a job. I show up clean, well groomed and comfortably dressed. Thus far, no one has a problem with my dress. If they do, they can tell me and I will comply. They need to concentrate on collecting fees and shutting their mouths.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

You guys must be at least 20 years older than I (I'm 64). I enjoy my food at lot more when I am in a relaxed attire. Never got kicked out anywhere; must be natural authority, or my dails 3 or 4 showers...

Nope! I am 47.

Or it might be your total disregard to a descent behaviour. In my opinion you should be kicked out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

Another fine example is when you go in to an air-conditioned and closed restaurant or pub.
Nope! I am 47.
Or it might be your total disregard to a descent behaviour. In my opinion you should be kicked out..

Wouldn't you be happier in Singapore?  :)
But seriously, I must admit, am close to that age, and also don't like the sleeveless-shirts.

I have also noted - purely anecdotally - that the people at the "overstay" desk at Jomtien Immigration tend to be the most "rough-dressed" people in the office.  Maybe that isn't a coincidence. I always "dress up," as I may have a long relationship with those people.

The trouble with the air-con - is getting there - unless you are driving your air-conditioned car from your air-conditioned home.  If walking, even a short way, you will be a soaking-mess if dressed "properly" - though silk-shirts help a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Wouldn't you be happier in Singapore?  :)
But seriously, I must admit, am close to that age, and also don't like the sleeveless-shirts.

I have also noted - purely anecdotally - that the people at the "overstay" desk at Jomtien Immigration tend to be the most "rough-dressed" people in the office.  Maybe that isn't a coincidence. I always "dress up," as I may have a long relationship with those people.

The trouble with the air-con - is getting there - unless you are driving your air-conditioned car from your air-conditioned home.  If walking, even a short way, you will be a soaking-mess if dressed "properly" - though silk-shirts help a lot.

Total exaggeration in support of a lame excuse for not dressing decently.  If even a short walk leaves you a "soaking-mess", you should probably see a doctor or get a bit more exercise.

2 hours ago, naboo said:

I wore shorts, flip flops and t-shirt today for my driver's licence renewal. No problem, and I was better dressed than most - my t-shirt had a collar.

I think perhaps you wore a polo-style shirt, did you not?

By definition, t-shirts, or tee-shirts don't have collars. I would suggest that most collared shirts unless very garish, would be acceptable.