Budget (free?) PDF creator / editor needed.

JaiMaai

Can anyone recommend a good free PDF creator / editor program. 

I just can't afford the full Adobe Acrobat package.

I need something that will convert word documents and the allow basic text editing of the the PDF and page sorting etc.

Thanks

If you use a relatively current word processor it likely has the ability to save a file as a PDF. You won't be able to edit it but you can certainly edit the original document and save to PDF when you've got it right.

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook Flip C100PA using Tapatalk

I use OpenOffice which allows saving as PDF.

I use FoxIt Reader which allows some simple functions (like text additions)  to existing PDFs.

Nice to use with immigration forms in PDF format (I don't use the word versions).

And FoxIt also comes with a PDF printer driver which allows about any document/picture etc. be saved as PDF.

15 hours ago, ChristianBlessing said:

If you use a relatively current word processor it likely has the ability to save a file as a PDF. You won't be able to edit it but you can certainly edit the original document and save to PDF when you've got it right.

There's a particular format of PDF that embeds the original document so it can subsequently be edited.  It's certainly supported in LibreOffice under "File", "Export as PDF", then on the "General" tab in the "General" section, "Embed OpenDocument File".

I presume that other wordprocessors have comparable support.

Archived