Sun radiation after sunset until it gets dark

cerox

Hello together,

I have a question - I think those who have been in Thailand for a longer time might know it. I've been looking into other topics, but did not really find an answer to my question.

It's very easy. I use the weather app on my iPhone and it says me "18:20 p.m. sunset" - it also says UV radiation 0 once this time is past. It takes 30 minutes until it is dark outside after the sunset.

My question: Is there any radiation/exposure after "sunset" until it gets dark?

The reason why I ask is that I usually apply SPF cream during the day, because I get sunburnt quickly, but I do not do it after dark with all the chemicals in the sunlotion.

I hope many people have been asking themselves this before - your help is greatly appreciated. When looking online I found lots of tips of people covering themselves, using sunglasses, avoiding peak hours etc., but not what I want to know.

Very good, sometimes we make things too complicated :) Thanks for your help.

I found this one the most helpful when using your suggested search:

http://outdoors.stackexchange.com/questions/1726/how-harmful-is-the-rising-setting-sun

According to that the sun radiation should still be there but much less strong, which pleases me and makes sense, because 0 UV index does not make sense which is why I was confused in the first place.

you should make up your last will and move on.  If you cannot have a life under the sun, then whatever planet you are going to make your escape?

the last half hour of sunset belongs to the mosquitos anyways, so don't you talk about sunburns during sunsets

2 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

you should make up your last will and move on.  If you cannot have a life under the sun, then whatever planet you are going to make your escape?

the last half hour of sunset belongs to the mosquitos anyways, so don't you talk about sunburns during sunsets

life  next to  undersea thermal  vents  requires  no  sunlight