DSI busts ‘largest pirate goods network’

webfact

DSI busts ‘largest pirate goods network’
By PIYANUCH TAMNUKASETCHAI
THE NATION

2c7b0c266ea8006daa6c60f433c72aa1.jpeg

Department of Special Investigation officials inspect allegedly counterfeit goods at a company’s offices in Bangkok’s Nong Khaem district as part of |yesterday’s operation to crack down on illicit products.

BANGKOK: -- THE DEPARTMENT of Special Investigation (DSI) yesterday conducted searches at four locations in Bangkok to crack down on “the country’s largest pirate goods trading network”, which allegedly distributes counterfeit products to Sampheng, Bo Be and Pratunam shops in Bangkok as well as to Sa Kaew’s Rong Kleu border market.

Officers seized a large amount of goods and undocumented imported items, the total value of which was being calculated as of press time.

The raid locations were PS Sport Cargo Co’s warehouse in Soi Chaeng Wattana 1 Yaek 6 in Lak Si district; Sun Water Rich Power Service Co’s office in Soi Mubaan Tawanchai in Nong Khaem district; a rented office at the S Group Building’s 6th floor in Ratchathewee district; and another warehouse in Ratchaburana district.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30305985

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-09

Such huge quantities of counterfeit could be imported into the country without

the direct and explicit involvements of people in the right places such as ports,

airports and other entry point into the kingdom.. 'nuff said.... 

10 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

This will have the current Mrs Dark Lord in tears as she gets her handbag collection from se kaew.

These are the low quality imported Chinese counterfeit goods. She should be more selective and look elsewhere for the high quality Thai manufactured counterfeit products.

But nothing is done about the illegal software at Pantip Plaza, Fortune Town and all other illegal markets.

Every time I visit those places I see my own developed and my company's software. Foreigners paying 2.5 times as much for it as Thai for the illegal software.

My own developed software (the original) started at 49.99 USD purchase price per working station and annually 10 USD per working station for update(s) and license renewal. In Bangkok purchase price 200 THB for Thai (500 THB for farangs) but no updates that can be downloaded when having an invalid / copied license key. It only runs when not connected to our servers.

We even get messages / complaints from Thai that need an update but they don't have a license... Big Thai companies (banks, payment providers, logistic companies) complaining, threatening us with lawsuits !!! But they're running an illegal version and they think that they have paid some software engineer for an original what a year later seems to be a pirated copy... We see all pirated software with their IP address trying to login on our system. Thailand, Vietnam and Turkey are the top 3 countries with the most pirated software availabe and running.

Edited by FredNL