Availability of Uber across Phuket

booji

2 hours ago, worldfun said:

well the local taxia mafia runs fares 500/600B (2 persons) for airport/bangrong pier route so I got a grab taxi which is a taximeter (using the meter) + a 50B (grab) booking fee & the meter came to exactly 300B so a not bad deal 350B all in although we had to walk across the car park & just outside domestic airport as driver said he couldn't pickup inside the terminal :D

return trip was very hard to get a driver to accept but finally a grab car @ 550B accepted & he dropped inside terminal! Better than 600B mafia 'taxi' so there are options although own transport in most cases to be preferred ;)

Wow- a whole big B50 saved! With the hassle it took most would blow the money on the available taxi. Desperate times if one can't afford it.

9 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Wow- a whole big B50 saved! With the hassle it took most would blow the money on the available taxi. Desperate times if one can't afford it.

it's not about a 10% saved or not although many people do go through serious hassle to avoid the bkk airport 50B surcharge lol. anyway do you wanna fight the market or go with the flow to have it never changing? up to you as they say :) I did my little bit & sure were the taxi mafia were pissed as we walked past them...

BTW no major hassle as we were having our lunch at the excellent cafe at the pier & had the flight several hours later so time better spent at pier than airport...but thanks for your comment bro!

Archived