More video footage emerges in high profile road rage shooting death in Chonburi

webfact

12 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

They were being chased by someone with a gun, get that very simple fact into your head.  Next time you are being chased by someone with a gun for a crime of committing a minor traffic offense see how guilty you feel.  They asked the man to get out of his car, that is not a crime despite your imagination and clear fear of Thai teens.

Imagine if this case goes to court. Dont you think the defense will argue that the teens intended to assault the man (or in fact assaulted the man,, (guy threw a punch)) .. And they will use the video footage to show their case, the teens agressively surrounding 

2 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Why are you not sure about it being murder?  He is on the dashcam saying get the gun ready I am going to shoot them, he was in no way threatened, he could have continued driving, instead he chooses to stop them and shoot them, obviously he was not threatened and obviously he planned to shoot them so obviously it is murder, no way manslaughter as he was planning it in advance.

We can argue if he was threatened,, but you just won the case! Why did he not just drive away, that's what i would have done. You're right. When you're right you're right. :)

and yes, it was premeditated, so murder 1

Edited by hobz

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

OK, shots "in the air" may only return to earth at 300 feet per second or some such.  I wouldn't want to get hit in the head or face with one.  I'm not an expert, but I have owned and operated firearms for 50 years.  Of my 20 or so firearms, I wouldn't want to fire any warning shots.  They are tools used for a purpose. 

How about suicide?

14 hours ago, hobz said:

I never said that the gunman was innocent. Im just saying that the teens started the situation and i never said that the teens wanted a gunfight. It looked more like they wanted to deliver a beating. 

Then why didn't he just escape in the car?  He had his family inside. No , instead he wanted to face them with a gun . If  I  were in the same situation a normal reaction would be to  drive away as fast as possible, he had at least 30 seconds to just move away from the van.  

But he wanted to fight them , with a gun , the Thai way . 

With his loaded gun he has done nothing to deescalate the dispute on the contrary he made it much worse..He felt he had lost face because some Thai teenager let him wait to leave his parking spot.Then bloody revenge is the next thing to save his face.He and his wife should be locked up. 

With his loaded gun he has done nothing to deescalate the dispute on the contrary he made it much worse..He felt he had lost face because some Thai teenager let him wait to leave his parking spot.Then bloody revenge is the next thing to save his face.He and his wife should be locked up. 

That's pretty much it.

Also, if you look at the 2nd video when the van is stopped in front of his car (when the teens get out and approach the car) there is actually loads of space on the right side to simply pull out and drive away.

Bottom line GUNS are illegal in Thailand. Why do so many Thai's have handguns? Need to crack down on this problem or more of this happens. With all the crazy me first Thai men drivers and I do not care about you attitude will only lead to more deaths. The police need to start cracking down on checking Thai driver cars/vans/trucks or what ever in check points instead of trying to get easy cash from farangs for trumped up charges and putting the money in their pockets

8 minutes ago, tootall said:

Bottom line GUNS are illegal in Thailand. Why do so many Thai's have handguns? Need to crack down on this problem or more of this happens. With all the crazy me first Thai men drivers and I do not care about you attitude will only lead to more deaths. The police need to start cracking down on checking Thai driver cars/vans/trucks or what ever in check points instead of trying to get easy cash from farangs for trumped up charges and putting the money in their pockets

Yeah, motorbikes sure needs checking as well, but a big muscular car can do much more damage.. Problem is that checkpoints cant stop too many cars at the same time without causing massive traffic jams. 

They need patrol cars.. Follow cars that drive suspcipusly or recklessly.. Pull them over.. Check for illegal stuff at the same time.. Not sure about legality of the last part as it may infringe on privacy etc.

21 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If you can just mind your own business, and stay sober, the chances are you won't have to challenge any Thai, they are the most unconfrontational people you will ever meet.

Amen.  I tease and torment my Thai relatives because I can.  I don't mess with others. 

37 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

"ai hiya".......water monitor? yeah right

I can't put the actual translation here because it will be deleted, but it has nothing to do with monitors.

Hia is a water monitor in Thai, ai is the prefix to denote that it is a male being referred to as the water monitor, perhaps you are confusing it with the sino-Thai ai-hiya which means "love pee-pee"?

On 2/10/2017 at 0:35 PM, z42 said:

More brainless reporting here. The teens never allegedly surrounded the engineer's car, they are on dashcam very clearly coming out in mob style from the van clearly with the intention of physically intimidating the engineer and his family at the very least.

They did surround his car and scattered when he put up resistance, in hindsight it seems like he was reckless to shoot, but gangs of kids like these do fight in packs, and as was evidenced in Hua Hin last year, even senior citizens are fair game for punches and kicks to the head once incapacitated.

The charge of premeditated murder is disgustingly inappropriate. The dead kid's mates are the ones who need locking up

MOB STYLE? Since when do TWO constitute a mob? I saw two guys get out to pick up some food and not 'physically intimidate the driver'

Edited by wgdanson
Add something

MOB STYLE? Since when do TWO constitute a mob? I saw two guys get out to pick up some food and not 'physically intimidate the driver'

You should watch ALL the clips before commenting. It sounds you only saw the one showing the start of the incident and missed the rest.