More video footage emerges in high profile road rage shooting death in Chonburi

webfact

8 hours ago, z42 said:

More brainless reporting here. The teens never allegedly surrounded the engineer's car, they are on dashcam very clearly coming out in mob style from the van clearly with the intention of physically intimidating the engineer and his family at the very least.

They did surround his car and scattered when he put up resistance, in hindsight it seems like he was reckless to shoot, but gangs of kids like these do fight in packs, and as was evidenced in Hua Hin last year, even senior citizens are fair game for punches and kicks to the head once incapacitated.

The charge of premeditated murder is disgustingly inappropriate. The dead kid's mates are the ones who need locking up

Are you for real?  They waited all of 30 seconds before hurling the insults, they were the provocative ones and they didn't stop even once they had moved for them, the kids came around the van, that is not actually a crime punishable by death, that would be their right to say a few things back to them and your assumptions are just that, assumptions, there was no violence on their part, you are just scared of teenagers like them, I hope he rots in jail for the murder he clearly committed.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ocddave said:

Only in thew mind of a progressive liberal, would this be murder, not even close.....and this is Thailand, good luck with that....555

How is shooting someone you just provoked who does nothing except come close to your car not murder?  They did not do anything, the only spoke to him, no violence, he just says he felt intimidated.  Now, this is Thailand, lets see who he is and who the dead boys father is, that will decide whether this is murder or not and almost nothing else.

8 hours ago, Enoon said:

The "rage" started with him.

"It" began with an impatient Thai driver hurling what I believe, in Thailand, is an extremely abusive epithet at a van driver and a student, because he has had to wait 1min 12 secs while the van driver and the student got something from the shop.

Just for good measure he gives the van driver a good blast on the horn when he subsequently passes him.

Would you do that...........in Thailand?

Maybe you would if, like him, you were carrying an illegally held gun in your vehicle.

And why I would never carry a gun in Thailand, as any problems I might be tempted to use it. Just avoid getting into any disputes is the easy solution.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

1 minute ago, Shawn0000 said:

How is shooting someone you just provoked who does nothing except come close to your car not murder?  They did not do anything, the only spoke to him, no violence, he just says he felt intimidated.  Now, this is Thailand, lets see who he is and who the dead boys father is, that will decide whether this is murder or not and almost nothing else.

This isn't Vegas, but I am willing to put money on the outcome.

2 minutes ago, ocddave said:

You must be new here, right? Murder?! Really? You must jest...

Has nothing to do with being new pulling a gun and killing someone is  murder you can think what you like but this man should go to jail for a long time .

hop you one day not have to go through what that boys  parents have to go through now because of stupid gun laws in thailand.

Just now, georgemandm said:

Has nothing to do with being new pulling a gun and killing someone is  murder you can think what you like but this man should go to jail for a long time .

hop you one day not have to go through what that boys  parents have to go through now because of stupid gun laws in thailand.

Again, your ideas/thoughts of what constitutes murder, is not the same in Thailand. And even if this happen elsewhere, this is far from Murder, you would be lucky to get a conviction for manslaughter, and that would be a stretch.

1 minute ago, ocddave said:

Again, your ideas/thoughts of what constitutes murder, is not the same in Thailand. And even if this happen elsewhere, this is far from Murder, you would be lucky to get a conviction for manslaughter, and that would be a stretch.

Like I say , hop you don't have kids and you have to go through what that boys mum and dad are going through now in your life , the man kill someone and has to pay and he will go to jail for killing that boy .

1 minute ago, georgemandm said:

Like I say , hop you don't have kids and you have to go through what that boys mum and dad are going through now in your life , the man kill someone and has to pay and he will go to jail for killing that boy .

The kid was a thug, he died while threatening others, his death will probably save more lives than were lost.....I call it a win-win.

1 minute ago, hobz said:

Both parties could had done stuff differently and it could have lead to everyone coming out unharmed.

Just sayin.. U think this guy will sleep well now having killed a stupid kid?

Knowing the stupid thai  mentality i think yes he would sleep very well , Thais would say that was in the pass , that's how they think .

10 minutes ago, ocddave said:

Where would you get manslaughter for shooting someone who only came near your car, didn't put a finger on you while you were safely locked in your car and able to just drive off instead of opening fire?  Murder just about everywhere expect a couple of backward states in the US and South Africa.

2 minutes ago, ocddave said:

The kid was a thug, he died while threatening others, his death will probably save more lives than were lost.....I call it a win-win.

You do have problems in your life if you think like that .

so if you get  angry and threatening someone , one day and I believe you have done that , in your life , like we all have done stupid things , should that someone kill you if they had a gun , give me a break , that is why no one should have guns in there cars or carry them around with them .

were not in the  wild west of America are we .

1 minute ago, Shawn0000 said:

Where would you get manslaughter for shooting someone who only came near your car, didn't put a finger on you while you were safely locked in your car and able to just drive off instead of opening fire?  Murder just about everywhere expect a couple of backward states in the US and South Africa.

Let me guess you live, or grew up, in one of those Utopias (Fantasy worlds) in Europe?

You do have problems in your life if you think like that .

so if you get  angry and threatening someone , one day and I believe you have done that , in your life , like we all have done stupid things , should that someone kill you if they had a gun , give me a break , that is why no one should have guns in there cars or carry them around with them .

were not in the  wild west of America are we .

If several teens, or adults are threatening a man holding a gun, then the man either becomes a victim or a survivor. I choose survivor, not about to let someone overpower me, then enact their own justice on me with my own weapon (I would rather shoot first, and ask questions later). Ask yourself, do you trust the other guys actions, or yours? You sound like a future victim, good luck with the "turn the other cheek" method of handling things.

If you read the whole article posted on Khaosod  and watch the dash cam video from Sutheps car you'll understand he is the only one to blame.  

"Suthep’s wife can be heard asking the van to move, to which the teenagers tell her to wait. Suthep then appears to become angered and starts to shout and curse and argue with the teens. When the van eventually drives away, Suthep’s wife can be heard saying, “give me the gun.” “I’ve prepared. I’ll just shoot them,” Suthep says to her in response.

Suthep then can be heard honking at the van as he overtakes it."

Now this could have been solved in the first place with Suthep just wait a couple of minutes for the van to leave and not argue with the teens .  In the dash cam video you can see two of the teens leaving the van to buy something from a street stall , it took them only 2 minutes. Suthep shouted at them and did "all the wrong moves" after that and he is to blame , not the teens , even if they threatened him later on . 

4 minutes ago, balo said:

If you read the whole article posted on Khaosod  and watch the dash cam video from Sutheps car you'll understand he is the only one to blame.  

"Suthep’s wife can be heard asking the van to move, to which the teenagers tell her to wait. Suthep then appears to become angered and starts to shout and curse and argue with the teens. When the van eventually drives away, Suthep’s wife can be heard saying, “give me the gun.” “I’ve prepared. I’ll just shoot them,” Suthep says to her in response.

Now this could have been solved in the first place with Suthep just wait a couple of minutes for the van to leave and not argue with the teens .  In the dash cam video you can see two of the teens leaving the van to buy something from a street stall , it took them only 2 minutes. Suthep shouted at them and did "all the wrong moves" after that and he is to blame , not the teens , even if they threatened him later on . 

I like how you conveniently left out the fact that they chased him down, then confronted him, all as one gang.

34 minutes ago, balo said:

That was my understanding as well. You can hear it @02:10, when they're still outside the shop, before the chase. The wife says "Get your gun out". The husband uses the word MAENG in his reply so it's a bit like. "I've got it already. Gonna shoot the (Swearword)."

The transcript of the conversation is reported Khaosod too.

Edited by katana
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Just now, ocddave said:

If several teens, or adults are threatening a man holding a gun, then the man either becomes a victim or a survivor. I choose survivor, not about to let someone overpower me, then enact their own justice on me with my own weapon (I would rather shoot first, and ask questions later). Ask yourself, do you trust the other guys actions, or yours? You sound like a future victim, good luck with the "turn the other cheek" method of handling things.

You see I would not put my self it to that  situation , in thailand I would just drive away .

you have no idea how it went down so stop trying to make things up to make your self look good.

number one I would never pull a gun on no one I have a gun  license and under stand how  dangerous guns are .

we have the best gun laws in the world now after all the  murders by stupid people who had guns , our  murder rate by guns has drop to next to none , because of the new laws, so I think thailand and the U S A should look at the gun laws in my country.

and the  murder rate will drop .

You see I would not put my self it to that  situation , in thailand I would just drive away .

you have no idea how it went down so stop trying to make things up to make your self look good.

number one I would never pull a gun on no one I have a gun  license and under stand how  dangerous guns are .

we have the best gun laws in the world now after all the  murders by stupid people who had guns , our  murder rate by guns has drop to next to none , because of the new laws, so I think thailand and the U S A should look at the gun laws in my country.

and the  murder rate will drop .

Good luck to you buddy, you'll need it.

52 minutes ago, Allstars said:

This afternoon when I exited the highway 7 at the Pattaya sukhumvit Southbound there was a Bangkok taximeter entering the highway in reverse, because he probably took the wrong exit and was too lazy to get to the next U-turn.

I almost hit him from behind in that curve, but lucky I could just avoid an accident, and gave him the full horn while passing with only centimeters between his and my car.

Should i have been followed and threatened with death?

Yes

19 minutes ago, katana said:

That was my understanding as well

That was my understanding as well. You can hear it @02:10, when they're still outside the shop, before the chase. The wife says get your gun out. The husband uses the word MAENG in his reply so it's a bit like. "I've got it already. Gonna shoot the <Deleted!>."

The transcript of the conversation is reported Khaosod too.

Disgusting couple and blood thirsty

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:
56 minutes ago, Allstars said:

This afternoon when I exited the highway 7 at the Pattaya sukhumvit Southbound there was a Bangkok taximeter entering the highway in reverse, because he probably took the wrong exit and was too lazy to get to the next U-turn.

I almost hit him from behind in that curve, but lucky I could just avoid an accident, and gave him the full horn while passing with only centimeters between his and my car.

Should i have been followed and threatened with death?

Yes

And how about if I had crashed in the back of his car, while he was entering a highway in reverse on an exit?

Don't bother to answer because it will be another troll comment.