Want to come to Samui for 1-2 months please advise

Hello all,

I have been up in Chiang Mai for a couple of years.  I'm thinking to escape the burning season and head south for 1-2 months.  I'm thinking about Samui.  All I need is a place to stay and a landline

for high speed internet.  I use 3bb in Chiang Mai.  Can I get any recommendations on accommodation with the internet access for this  amount of time?

Thank you so much.

Sure, there are lots of villas for rent with Internet access.
Sure some of the members on this sub-forum will PM you.

Have you thought about what area you want to stay in?
Chaweng and Lamai are the major nightlife places.
Maenam, Bangrak are quiter but have some bars.
Bang por and everything south of the ringroad is very relaxed.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Thanks for the response,

I stayed in Chaweng when I went there before.  I don't need to be close to much nightlife but I wouldn't mind a decent beach close by.

Maybe Lamai would be good middle ground?

I'm open to any possibility.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the response,

I stayed in Chaweng when I went there before.  I don't need to be close to much nightlife but I wouldn't mind a decent beach close by.

Maybe Lamai would be good middle ground?

I'm open to any possibility.

Thanks again.

I would recommend Chaweng Noi then, beautiful beach and easy access to both Chaweng and Lamai as the songtheaws pass there.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On 2/10/2017 at 11:57 AM, Farang123 said:

What would be the average rate for a room for a month?  I don't need anything fancy.. Just a standard room for one person.

A "standard room" is relative to life-style. Depending on your demand and location, you can find nice bungalows from 8,000-10,000 a month – which was fine enough for me for several years, and only 100 meters from the beach – a Thai-style "standard room" costs from around 4,000 baht a month. For aircon and more westernized bungalows and rooms count as PoorSucker says...

Your choices could be curtailed by what you deem as high speed 'net access. There is the option of a data sim but I have little knowledge of that so perhaps other members can advise. I do know that they work well for some people but again I don't know what their data usage is.

I'm not so concerned about the room.  A thai style room would even be fine, BUt also spending 10,000 baht for the month would be ok if it was nice.

Wi-Fi is not an option for me as I need to use Skype for my job.  It has to be a landline.

Thanks for the replies folks.

http://tech.thaivisa.com/90-of-internet-users-in-thailand-use-their-smartphone-to-get-online-according-to-new-report/19833/?utm_source=newsletter-20170214-0704&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Short term rental places don't generally have dedicated broadband because if the place is empty then the owner has a bill to pay. People mostly don't travel around with a full PC in their bag so using Wi-Fi is not much of an issue unless you have dozens and dozens using the same connection. I've used local Wi-Fi all over the place and had Skype working but not always. It's OK for for things that are not so much of an issue but I understand your need for dedicated broadband as it is for business. The 3bb service I have found to be outstanding on the island so you could just get them to connect you up directly but you would need to pay for the year contract up-front as well as the usual extras. Seems a bit excessive to me.

I've a Samui friend on FB (lady from Belgium) who does rentals around the island so send me a PM if you use it and want contact. She might know of a place.

On 2/12/2017 at 3:01 PM, Farang123 said:

I'm not so concerned about the room.  A thai style room would even be fine, BUt also spending 10,000 baht for the month would be ok if it was nice.

Wi-Fi is not an option for me as I need to use Skype for my job.  It has to be a landline.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Try contacting this place.

Starting at 9.900 per month.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBleuSamui/

Archived