Hull Multi Entry "o" Visas

Has anybody recently obtianed an annual multi entry non immgrant "O" visa from the Hull Consulate without showing a Thai marriage license or evidence of caring for Thai dependants.

I'm not sure about the "O" visa but I do know that when my wife went back to the UK in June, she managed to get a 12 month Multi Entry "B" from Hull without any hassle at all. She didn't even have to show her Work Permit or anything. She was straight in and out of the office in no time. :o

Shame it's not so easy in this part of the world!! :D

From the experience my friend had in Hull in July; they weren't all that critical of any paperwork besides the visa application form, the photo & of course the money.

Here in Asia at any Thai Embassy/Consulate he fails to meet the requirements needed to obtain a Non-Immigrant Type O visa. However in Hull he received it without a question or a problem.

Another friend, recently returned to LOS from the UK has three 60 day, back to back Tourist Visas in his passport. Again, no questions, just the form, photo & money.

If you have the paperwork to justify your application, good on you; if you don't I wouldn't worry excessively. It looks like they have the bar set quite low and use a soft touch as to qualifications for various visas.

Both people were in the UK (their home country), sent their passports & application via post, and received them back in less than 3 days.

Dunc, who posts here sometimes and his farang wife obtained their multi entry O visas within 30 minutes without showing proof of funds or indeed any materials showing a connection to Thailand whatsoever. Apparrently they tried London first and were told where to stick their application.

My neighbour flew to the UK yesterday for his non O multi. I will let you know how he got on when he gets back.

Hull seems definately the place to go in the UK for now. How long it will last, however is another story....