Police plan to arrest 9 over ‘fake claims’

rooster59

Police plan to arrest 9 over ‘fake claims’

By TAWEE APISAKULCHART,
SURIYA PATATHAYO
THE NATION

8effe1572f4bae191461db2ca68586bc-sld.jpeg

Jomsap Saenmuangkhot, a 54-year-old ex-teacher formerly based in Sakhon Nakhon, talks to reporters outside Nakhon Phanom Court. She said she was confident of her innocence and had faith in the Thai justice system.

Friends of Jomsap, accused of conspiring to clear her name, may face charges.

POLICE plan to arrest nine people who they claim fabricated evidence in the fatal hit-and-run case involving Jomsap Saenmuangkhot, if the former teacher’s bid to clear her name is upheld.

Two police officers revealed the intention yesterday during the third and final witness hearing session at Nakhon Phanom Provincial Court.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30306141

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-11

Smoke and mirrors. 

As jomsaps team says, the focus of their case is whether her pick up was involved in the crash. By their evidence, it was not. 

Evidence the police continue to ignore. The pick up that is alleged to be in the crash has miraculously disappeared and the ownership papers destroyed with it. ⛳⛳⛳

8 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Isn't this the one where she sold the vehicle on the same day it was involved in the accident?.... sounds dodgy 

No this is not the one, her car has been proved to have never been in the accident by Toyota and others

Just shows how things work here,even when the culprits are in the wrong,

like the Police here,and the Breslin group,Super Zara Co.with the buses,

sue and arrest those that are making claims against you,does no one

take responsibility for anything here.

regards worgeordie

Read it 3-4 times trying to make sense of it. It sounds to me like she may have procured the services of a confession-for-hire network. The whole mess though is enabled by the police's totally lax approach to evidence gathering. Why is the present court relying on witness testimony rather than photos of damaged vehicles? And then there's the supposed confession from a man who sat in a car outside the station while others provided his 'confession'. 

This reminds me of when I was younger. Me and my mates got offered to play football against some younger lads. One of the younger lads was a mouthy little d***, so we'd put the boot in when we challenged him. He got so angry, but not with us cos we were older and bigger. He started throttling the other younger kids until we told him to leave. 

Typical behaviour of an ego sensitive bully. 

So basically the police are now intimidating witnesses that are testifying at this hearing.

I know who I would be arresting right now if it were up to me

This is a fine example of how seriously flawed the Justice system is in this 3rd rate country - it really is shocking, the police who are orchestrating this charade and making fools of themselves and a mockery of the court should  be dismissed and charged - I thought I had heard everything until this  

Edited by smedly

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

Sounds like more threats by the BIB after loosening face due to being caught out manufacturing evidence.

So more threats, when will they learn you can push/intimidate/stand-over/threaten people for only so long, then,??????? 

I reckon they got about another 100 years worth left.

Amazing Thailand  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Isn't this the one where she sold the vehicle on the same day it was involved in the accident?.... sounds dodgy 

She sold the car before the accident happened. Then she borrowed it to go sign the papers to purchase a new car. More dodgy is the truck said to be in the crash was destroyed along with its ownership papers that apparently shows sap as the owner. 

If a few of the corrupt bib bullies are knee capped by some of the innocents they have railroaded or attempted to, they will start having second thoughts about how they treat people from all money classes. Until this group (bib) is brought under control of honest leadership, they will continue in their slim ball ways.

The witnesses for the Prosecution were:-

Renu Nakhon police station deputy superintendent Pol Lt Colonel Kittisak Samritsakulchai.

Renu Nakhon precinct’s deputy inspector Pol Captain Khaibancha Wangkhahad. 

Nakhon Phanom investigation superintendent Pol Colonel Pramote Uthakij. 

Na Don Police Station’s original case investigator Pol Lt Colonel Adisak Chomsriharaj. 

Former Mukdahan senator, Pol Lt Col Jitt Sriyoha Mukdathanapong.

Nong Bua Lamphu deputy police chief Pol Colonel Pairoj Kujirapan.

[Provincial Police Region 4 deputy chief Pol Maj General Thanasak Ritthidechpaiboon was sitting in the public-gallery.]

I really have to wonder *why* the Police has assembled such a top-level team to give evidence in the case. It seems highly incongruous.

And if *I* were ever killed in a hit-and-run accident, I pray that a similarly senior, experienced and talented team would be assembled/present to give/hear evidence against the Defendant.

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

No. Listen even to children. Ask then anything and they deny any responsibility. Everyone does and everyone is prepared to say anything to avoid it. 

The problem is that prior to the information age and proliferation of social media those in authority got away with it most of the time. Now its getting highlighted and they aren't able to deal with it nor transform themselves. So they use the defamation or computer laws to go on the attack and hopefully either scare people off or completely divert from the original issue.

Here we have the Ministry of Justice already saying they believe she is innocent; and the BiB now claiming she was guilty and all the evidence that shows otherwise was fabricated. It never occurs to them that they may have to show on what evidence she was convicted and that the veracity of that evidence will be challenged. They're so used to simply doing and saying whatever they like in the past. And still, when in a hole they dig even more.

However, the other side of the coin is that the police may be right. That a group have conspired to concoct "evidence" to get the conviction overturned and discredit the police. 

But we're never likely to know the reality.

Edited by Baerboxer

Time to start arresting some of the police involved in this farce, especially any officer that threatens or intimidates witnesses, or even makes threatening/intimidating remarks.

I know, I am dreaming.

Police AND judicial reform anyone?                Prayut?...  Prayut?...  Prayut?   (deafening silence)

Edited by WhizBang

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Your point needs a passage towards a conclusion or else it is an opinion dump, .... still is perfectly fine here. 

Emboldened, is a tautology unless the culprits are right, then I am wrong. 

Regards ....

5 hours ago, thai3 said:

How can she have faith in the Thai justice system when it wrongly imprisoned her? the whole case is a farce, she was INNOCENT 

She is speaking the 'positive political speak' to those that matter in her circumstances. You know this as you are doing the same thing but to a different audience in a different medium. 

It is called appealing to one's audience for gratification. Difference is her arse is on the line. What is your excuse?

9 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Time to start arresting some of the police involved in this farce, especially any officer that threatens or intimidates witnesses, or even makes threatening/intimidating remarks.

I'd certainly be quite intimidated if a Regional Deputy Chief Pol Major General were sitting in the public-gallery during the proceedings.