moving to CM and in need of some info

tonboy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14-2-2017 at 0:25 AM, LivinLOS said:

That isnt the law.. Get them to put it in writing and watch them squirm. 

What you can get away without being caught for and what the law is are not the same. Work permits also integrate with taxation, or is it simply the plan to never pay Thai income tax despite living here full time and it being mandated. 

As per the official from the labor offices posted in the links I provide above.. a 100% online enterprise with no Thai clients needs a work permit.. Even uploading a youtube video or a blog comment, to an adsense enabled or monetized blog, needs a work permit. 

What about setting up a BOI ? heard about this, and that some digital nomads / expats are doing this. 
http://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=index

You need a wp to volunteer....they decided the backpackers who were volunteering after the Tsunami, stunk worse than the dead bodies.  You can set up a Thai company, but need four Thai employees for one WP.  And you will tp pay their social security contributions.   Recently, a farang bought a coffee shop and wanted to be all legit...cost him 300,000 THB for a WP....for one year...through an attorney...and has the four employees.

What about Vietnam, particularly DaNang (central VN next to the ocean.) I found a $6 VERY CLEAN Hotel room run by a family w/ kids. It's blocks from China Beach and both air & streets are clean. Allegedly the cleanest city in Asia. Foid was good as were prices. Seems like Thailand bsck in the day.

What am I missing?

You're missing the fact he was asking about Chiang Mai? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Ticks are a huge problem, as well as the blood parasite disease they spread.    So are noisy aggressive dogs..... in my village big packs of them roaming the streets at night, howling, barking and fights none stop.  Can get quite frightening... when they break into your property to kill your other pets and then try to attack you. 

Weather here is almost torture in the hot dry season.  So much burning, very bad air quality and lot of pollution and very high temperatures. 

Rest of the year weather very nice.

I would not put my pet dogs through the ordeal of the long flight only for it to get here and get sick from the change in climate, ticks, diseases or attacks from street dogs.

Schooling for your children is going to be very expensive for an international school.. and the educations standards are far below what you kids would get in your own country.  They will also start to talk with an American accent as most of the teachers and other children are American (but you might not care about that). 

You won't be able to work legally from what you say you plan to do. 

You might find a sexy younger Thai female hard to resist... and so your family unit might not last long once you get here - might sound harsh, but that seems to be the way things go with most people once they get here full time. 

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Ticks are a huge problem, as well as the blood parasite disease they spread.    So are noisy aggressive dogs..... in my village big packs of them roaming the streets at night, howling, barking and fights none stop.  Can get quite frightening... when they break into your property to kill your other pets and then try to attack you. 

You might find a sexy younger Thai female hard to resist... and so your family unit might not last long once you get here - might sound harsh, but that seems to be the way things go with most people once they get here full time. 

Hmm, dog fights? Any suggestions to keep them away from my house ? Which village are you living in ?

Young Thai female, yes !! Off course, beautifull and very lovely. Nice shapes also.  But not for me, for a simple massage maybe, but no further.
My (Thai) wife and I have a very good relation, respect each other and are real friends. She lives already in Holland for 24 years, 8 years ago I met with her after 16 years of marriage and finally my divorce (from a Indonesian Women who cheated on me ... with a Priest). My wife is also divorced already. Never say never, I hear you think, but I am happy in my relation, and still much in love. Will not risk that for any money in the world. 

6 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Personally, I don't look forward to the Thais speaking with a Scottish accent, let alone Cockney...but most of the 10 or so English accents in America are more nuetral than British or Oz English.

Most British people don't speak with a Scottish or cockney accent. I've nothing against any of the American accents I've heard but I don't want my daughter to copy them and I wouldn't describe them as neutral - vowel sounds are too open for my liking and too many dropped consonants.

13 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Ironically, the American accent that is most difficult to understand is from New England.  Dropping the consonants is more of a rural southern thing but they phak the KAH in New England...and most Englanders do, too.  

I went to Boston for work many years ago and could not understand them at all.

Archived