Ecuadorian woman and Russian man arrested in Suvarnabhumi Airport cocaine bust

webfact

On 2/14/2017 at 3:03 PM, wvavin said:

All drug traffickers if found guilty by the court of law must be executed to safeguard the people.

getting caught with equivalent  weight of 5 joints (cigarette size in length and weight) at an airport coming or going in my country is also considered trafficking, although, any person with common sense would agree this amount is personal use. 

Charge is still trafficking just a, weight difference.

Should we execute that person?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/14/2017 at 6:51 AM, Shawn0000 said:

The dog may have been at the airport they left from, customs tip off the other end all the time, it may be that they need the evidence of the person picking up the bag or that they hope that someone else will be implicated, as in this case.

good point, i hadn't thought of that.  still a 'tip off' but i was thinking from the drug dealer, not the law !!

On 2/14/2017 at 1:00 PM, hawker9000 said:

Quite the opposite from LAX for example, where there are always dogs at work in the baggage claim area and the (usually long) customs lines.

LAX is where i've seen them the most.  i'd get off the thai airways flight (now canceled) and about 25% of the time they'd have a dog sniffing the bags as they came onto the baggage carousel. 

On 2/14/2017 at 3:17 PM, Ludo55 said:

I saw a beagle at the baggage carousel at Suvarnabhumi a month ago when I flew in

good to know they do have some on the job.  i had a beagle jump on my bag at IAD many years ago.  i think most of the beagles are trained to smell food and i'd packed food in my bags for a couple weeks while traveling around europe.  it was kind of cute to see the dog straddling my bag wagging its tail with the 'big find', but the food was all gone, but some smells must have still been in there.

one thing i was wondering is how did they determine the weight ?  was that in the cream form or did they convert to the powder form and then weigh it ?  i assume the cream form would be heavier.  not that it matters much, a few grams weight is enough for some big problems.

3 hours ago, buick said:

one thing i was wondering is how did they determine the weight ?  was that in the cream form or did they convert to the powder form and then weigh it ?  i assume the cream form would be heavier.  not that it matters much, a few grams weight is enough for some big problems.

1kg of feathers equals to 1kg of iron, whether its 1gram cream or 1 gram powder, 1 gram is still 1 gram.

12 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

1kg of feathers equals to 1kg of iron, whether its 1gram cream or 1 gram powder, 1 gram is still 1 gram.

I think the point is that to convert 1 kg of powder, into a cream, you have to add some form of liquid, which is not a drug, thereby increasing the weight of the transported product.

at this end, the liquid then needs to be removed, to get back to the original 1 kg of powder.

although I suppose you could argue that the transported product is still a drug, just less pure.

On 2/16/2017 at 10:08 AM, farcanell said:

I think the point is that to convert 1 kg of powder, into a cream, you have to add some form of liquid, which is not a drug, thereby increasing the weight of the transported product.

yes, that is what i was suggesting.  thanks for getting the clarification out there for me.  in some countries (not thailand), you might get a lower number of years in prison if the 'real weight' was .5kg versus over 2kgs.  just guessing but maybe 10 yrs instead of 20 !!!!