Nakhon Pathom Nightlife Tycoon Shot Dead

george

Nakhon Pathom nightlife tycoon shot dead

Nakhon Pathom: -- A business tycoon who owned the biggest nightlife place here was gunned down Wednesday night, police said.

Police said Jakkrapong Ketchaimongkol, 49, was shot and killed in front of Chao Sua Restaurant in Nakhon Pathom's Muang district at 9:40 pm.

Police said Jakkrapong was attacked by a gunman while he was talking to Chavalit Chuenjitsiripol, a revenue official, in front of the restaurant. The gunman then fled on a motorcycle.

Chavalit told police that he had dinner with Jakkrapong and Jakkrapong asked him to come out of the shop because he had a gift for the official.

Suddenly, a man walked behind Jakkrapong and emptied his gun on the tycoon, killing him at the scene.

-- The Nation 2006-12-14

Police said Jakkrapong was attacked by a gunman while he was talking to Chavalit Chuenjitsiripol, a revenue official, in front of the restaurant. The gunman then fled on a motorcycle.

Chavalit told police that he had dinner with Jakkrapong and Jakkrapong asked him to come out of the shop because he had a gift for the official.

little bit of a coincidence? :o

Sounds like the gift was supposed to be for the revenue official but the gunman who Jakkrapong didn't personally hire made a mistake and shot Jakkrapong,his employer, instead. What do you think?

Truth is often stranger than fiction. One thing's for sure one or both of them was up to monkey business and, if I were a gambling man which in Thailand is of course illegal, I'd put money on Jakkrapong as you suggest.

Sounds like the gift was supposed to be for the revenue official but the gunman who Jakkrapong didn't personally hire made a mistake and shot Jakkrapong,his employer, instead. What do you think?

That`s what I also thought. Not only plumbers and electricians can do half-assed jobs, hitmen too! :o

Then I also though maybe the official asked for a gift in return of a favour done previously and was only a setup to get Jakkrapong to get to the parking lot and shut him up about a scam soon to be revealed.

And then, again, I also thought...Oh , let`s wait and see.

Definitely possible. Some of the more influential figures we see around Pattaya dress rather casually when they are out and about. Shorts, t-shirts, sandals. Maybe the revenue official happened to be better dressed. Hitman thinks and acts on... "hmm who is the godfather and who is the mark?"

:o

I doubt that the gunman "screwed" up. If you are setting someone up, you will make sure they know who to get--even in Thailand.

Whatever the case is, however, this might be one of those very interesting stories to follow. My guess is we will see a lot more vice than virtue in everyone concerned.

little bit of a coincidence? :D

There's only Chavalits word that Jakkrapong asked him to go outside. It could be that it was the other way round. Then again, Chavalit may have been there innocently, and the gunmen knew Jakkrapong was in the restaurant and was waiting for him to come outside.

If you are going to shoot an 'influential businessman', you generally make sure that you use someone reliable, so its unlikely to be a mistake. If it was I guess the hitman won't be getting a good appraisal from his boss this year :o