Some 3,500 troops, police surround Dhammakaya Temple

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phra Dhammachayo was not found during searches of different zones in the vast temple complex. the search will resume this morning in areas that were not covered yesterday. Here is a quick tip for the monk go and hide where they looked today they wouldn't think to have a look where they have already looked again so you will be safe !

24 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

the saffron pimpernel

they seek him here

they seek him there............

life outdoes fiction:

https://youtu.be/ZXVN7QJ8m88

hey!!! why don't they simply deploy muslim Police up from the South?

Certainly won't be any skin off their nose to do their darnessed to wipe out a buddhist legally  

In an area bigger than Vatican City full of buildings - you kidding? Would need a lot more to prevent fall- back to areas already searched and search properly. Problem is that with the country 95% Buddhist the probability is high that someone or many someone's alerted the scoundrel who scarpered in his Mercedes long before they all arrived. So it is something that should have been done a year or so ago!

19 hours ago, webfact said:

All gates of Dhammakaya Temple sealed, monks prohibited from leaving
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- By 6:30 am Thursday, troops and police sealed all gates of the Dhammakaya Temple, preventing monks from leaving to collect alms and preventing followers from entering inside.

Some followers tried to lead the monks through Gate 5 of the temple to collect alms but they were told to go back inside, leading to some verbal disputes.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30306460

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-16

monks prohibited from leaving...

what, they can't even go to a short time hotel???

'Interesting' choice of locations for Ground Zero. Sobeit. At least the sort of threat posed by Phra Dhammachayo will go a long way toward justifying the well thought-out and fiscally responsible sub purchase. I'm finally learning to connect the dots here. Ordinarily, that would be comforting.

I don't know but this could make a good movie...and I am worried about my 90 day report.  I don't want 3500 soldiers surrounding my little house. Get on with it and get this over with. This has gone on way to long. 

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

3,500 troops for 1 monk.  I say hats off to the elite security gaurds they are extraordinary,  have held off an entire police force and are now holding off the military.  

The one monk is easy.  It's the 100,000 followers that make it tough.  Unless you're willing to spill a lot of blood.

Look up Waco to see what can go wrong when you're after one guy.  Kudos to them that they learned the lesson of history, and don't have to repeat it.

Well, no doubt the DSI will try again today to find the hidden abbot. I think it's time for him to give himself up before frustration leads to violence. Too much face saving for the DSI to let this raid go without success. Hopefully this whole episode can be solved today. If this drags on for a week it could cause a bigger national and international scandal. A huge embarrisment to the government.

Wow - despite my published misgivings about no one with "balls" finally the troops move in. But it is only the first move in what could be a long game. There will be many unanswered questions to come I think.

Finally, Prayuth is making a move to rid this "cancer" from Thai society and from Buddhism. The beginning of the end I hope.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment