Finnish tourist stabbed in the back by "Thai men" in Jomtien

webfact

2 hours ago, CarlBkk said:

Never heard of Thais visiting Pattaya for the shopping!! LoL. They go for the seaside location and seafood only. Occasionally some young ones go for the clubbing.

Central Festival straddling Beach and Second Road has been buggering up the Pattaya traffic every weekend for the past 5 years or so and the soon to open Terminal 21 at Second Road and Nua will probably do the same.

There's no decent beach or seafood anywhere near Pattaya either.

2 out of 10. Clueless.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the Pattaya bashers, I guess it's much safer living in your little jungle clearing in Nakhon-Nowhere. Also a darned sight more boring. Not surprised that you're bitter when your wives won't let you visit here.

Also a lot of the older guys can't get it up and start Harbouring resentment

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, jesimps said:

To all the Pattaya bashers, I guess it's much safer living in your little jungle clearing in Nakhon-Nowhere. Also a darned sight more boring. Not surprised that you're bitter when your wives won't let you visit here.

Chiangmai isnt exactly Nakon nowhere but yes it is far safer than Pattaya and it isnt exactly boring..  we can even walk the streets without fear or being hassled by ladyboys and prostitutes.

17 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Central Festival straddling Beach and Second Road has been buggering up the Pattaya traffic every weekend for the past 5 years or so and the soon to open Terminal 21 at Second Road and Nua will probably do the same.

2 out of 10. Clueless.

Maybe you never heard of Glasshouse, Silver Lining and other places? Superb seafood and right at the beach.

We drive all the way from Bangkok to Pattaya to have dinner at Silver Lining in Wong Amat. 

Pattaya is what you make of it. I love and hate the place for many reasons and avoid Walking Street at all costs. 

Happily married and done with the bar scene. 

Something special about the place that's hard to describe.. love it or hate it, but don't hate the people who live there. Not everyone is a raging alcohol, sex addicted loser. They are just more obvious and tolerated down there than in Bangkok. That's all. 

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

For foreigners it's ... the sea.

you say that again...frankly: I never even thought about "the sea" being there, it more resembles a huge dump of oily, dirty waste water with all kinds of plastic garbage...this together with the "sumptious, inviting"  beach (width 4 yds or so)

Maybe you never heard of Glasshouse, Silver Lining and other places? Superb seafood and right at the beach.
We drive all the way from Bangkok to Pattaya to have dinner at Silver Lining in Wong Amat. 
Pattaya is what you make of it. I love and hate the place for many reasons and avoid Walking Street at all costs. 
Happily married and done with the bar scene. 
Something special about the place that's hard to describe.. love it or hate it, but don't hate the people who live there. Not everyone is a raging alcohol, sex addicted loser. They are just more obvious and tolerated down there than in Bangkok. That's all. 

Good post.
:)

I lived in Pattaya for fifteen years, how did I survive? Was very lucky according to some posters here! never had any problems, mind I wasnt driving around at 2am on a motorcycle drunk with no shirt on! non smoker as well :)

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

After 36 years here I would have to say it is the safest place I have ever lived, and I include the whole of Thailand. The most dangerous place I ever lived was America, where 11 people were murdered on the streets within 100 yards of my apartment in the last 2 months that I was there ! When you walk out in many American cities at night you are risking your life.

Where did you live; Detroit?

Pattaya/Jomtien have way too much crime and the police needed to really start cracking down. In the future crime will decrease automatically as the GoGo Bars keep getting raided and simply go out of business or move to another area. The powers that be want Pattaya to be more gentrified and the sex industry is no longer wanted and is being encouraged to move or get out. Unfortunately, a lot of it will be moving into Jomtien but mostly a majority will give up and convert their establishments to more of a money making operation.

Frankly, the only thing Pattaya has to offer is some good restaurants but the sea is polluted and the locals are not very polite. I avoid it as I can get good or better food in other places and I can go to the sea in other places that is not polluted. Pattaya is not the real Thailand and now the curse is spreading to Jomtien.

Regardless, being stabbed in the back shows the integrity of the attackers.

While I try my very best to avoid altercations, if I have ever felt the need, I have suggested to the other person we step outisde for a little fisticuffs.

Occasionally I have made my point, occasionally been given a good hiding.

Regardless of the incitement, I could never stoop so low as to do something like this.

I also note the report said "men" as in plural.

Really brave to a) attack someone in a mob, and B) use a knife in the back of all places,  into the bargain.

I hope (probably in vain), that these lowlifes will be caught and go to jail for a goodly period of reflection.

I lived in Pattaya for fifteen years, how did I survive? Was very lucky according to some posters here! never had any problems, mind I wasnt driving around at 2am on a motorcycle drunk with no shirt on! non smoker as well :)

Same but only lived there for 13 years.
Also a non smoker (although not sure what that has to do with it?) :)

5 hours ago, morrobay said:

No prizes

I have lived in North Pattaya & never encountered abuse . -But I usually go to sleep by 10 pm because I work 20 minutes from Pattaya. If I do hit the night life on weekends, I make sure I return to my apartment before 2am. If I am on a song-taew with obnoxious drunks, I get off & hop on another song-taew or take a motor bike taxi. If a Thai pisses me off, I do not raise my voice or try to get even ( Isaan & South Thailand men easily go ballistic). I limit my beer consumption to 6 beers ( my limit). Pattaya is a fun party town but you need to use some common sense. 

Edited by toenail

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

2 out of 10. Clueless.

0 out of 10 for you then. Ask Thais why they go to Pattaya. Out of 10, how many will say "to shop at Central Festival"? None.

The beach is trash but they still go there. I lump Jomtien together, and they go there to eat and to be near the sea. Not on the beach.

Were you a non smoker as in hooker Talk or are you talking about cigarettes [emoji3]

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk