Non-immigrant Visa In Less Than 30 Hours

this is why the rules are changing .because of <deleted> breaking the rules.i wish theyd just raid places and get rid of bar owners and english teachers with no permits .half of them arent even english natives.what sort of english do they teach anyway?people who bring in money from working overseas and dont qualify under other categories are now going to suffer because of them.

You are slightly wrong ... at least on two points

- The visa runners are not breaking any rule.

- The one who breaks the rules are the schools which employ foreign teachers illegeally

For the bar owners... I guess there are many different situations. I am sure some break the rules and I amvsure other don't.

Basically it all goes back to the rules, which in the present case are rather unworkable.

And who makes the rules? ...

[sandy]

its pretty simple i always thought.if you are working as an english teacher with out a valid work permit(and using tourist visas to stay here)as is the case with the post i was refering to,YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW!!! as is the case with guys running bars on tourist visas (or any other visa without a work permit)now,please tell me i am wrong again s.pylos.

im doing this visa run in janurary, about the 9th or 10th i believe.

from what ive heard, its 10 hours on a bus from bangkok to the ferry crossing.

then spend about 9 hours between queing at immigration and refreshing in the hotels etc...

then 10 hours back.

the company im going with charge 1700 baht for the trip.

but that doesnt include the visa fee or the hotels.

not 100% sure if im going to do it..

can anyone reccommend an easier option? i dont want to fly or spend much more money.

concidering there is myself AND my foreign girlfriend going to do the visa.

we need the 60 day tourist with extension!

school is sorting out the paper work to convert them into non imm b and paper work..

Let's see, this was something you posted previously:

i still dont see why this is such a huge problem...

i think they are right to do what they plan to do.

if your legally here, then fine. show your work permit, visa etc.

people who are here legally will have everything they need.

people who are here illegally then you deserve what you get for doing what you do.

most people here when they are back in their own country's probably didnt like all the immigrants in their own country...

look at the uk... do you agree with whats going on there??

no...

well your doing the exact same as them over here...

in the end, if they do enforce it, ( prays they do ) then the people here legally with permits, visa's etc will reap the benefits.

i cant wait for teacher wages to go up when there is a shortage of teachers...

myself and my farang girlfriend are more than laughing at this scenario...

sitting on a years permit, and a 3 year contract i dont see what we need to worry about.

apart from going with the highest bidder to hire us.

Now it seems that you are actually working here illegally without a work permit or teacher's license :o

If you're not going until January, why can't your school get you the paperwork needed for a non-immigrant B visa by then? It's not that difficult.

er who said im working at the moment?

im not an illegal worker. ive signed a contract that starts in the new term year. (march 2007)

untill then im a tourist. the school wont do out work permits or licence until then.

thus the reason i need a 60 day turist visa...

(janurary 10th - march 10th.... + the 30 day extension = LEGAL visa coverage while im a tourst and 30 days extra for my school to get my permit, licence and non imm :D

someone please tell me, whats ILLGEAL about that?

nothing!

so dont go jumping to conclusions.

Edited by mikeinminburi

then spend about 9 hours between queing at immigration and refreshing in the hotels etc...

then 10 hours back.

can anyone reccommend an easier option? i dont want to fly or spend much more money.

school is sorting out the paper work to convert them into non imm b and paper work..

people who are here illegally then you deserve what you get for doing what you do.

most people here when they are back in their own country's probably didnt like all the immigrants in their own country...

no...

in the end, if they do enforce it, ( prays they do ) then the people here legally with permits, visa's etc will reap the benefits.

sitting on a years permit, and a 3 year contract i dont see what we need to worry about.

Now it seems that you are actually working here illegally without a work permit or teacher's license :o

If you're not going until January, why can't your school get you the paperwork needed for a non-immigrant B visa by then? It's not that difficult.

im not an illegal worker. ive signed a contract that starts in the new term year. (march 2007)

untill then im a tourist. the school wont do out work permits or licence until then.

(janurary 10th - march 10th.... + the 30 day extension = LEGAL visa coverage while im a tourst and 30 days extra for my school to get my permit, licence and non imm :D

nothing!

who said you were working ?? you did in another post.

then 10 hours back.

no...

nothing!

im not working now. i have worked in the past, but at the moment im not.

sure why would i need to do a visa run if im working?

therefor im not doing anything wrong, apart from enjoying my holidays.

i will work, when i get my work permit. until then, im a tourist.

ok so youre not working now(i believe you) :o but you have in the past .you admitted you were working 2 weeks ago on a tourist visa.so you have broken the law . so you are exactly the sort of person these new rules were brought in to catch out. it is people like you who make it hard for people who do not work, who bring money from overseas ,but can not qualify for long stay visas.

then 10 hours back.

no...

nothing!

im not working now. i have worked in the past, but at the moment im not.

sure why would i need to do a visa run if im working?

therefor im not doing anything wrong, apart from enjoying my holidays.

i will work, when i get my work permit. until then, im a tourist.

On 6th December you posted:

i work for an agency and they dont offer work permits..

so from what ive heard, oz will be the only place that i can do my non imm b visa from??

So even if you aren't working now, you obviously were working without the correct visa or a work permit.

Having to get a new and ###### expensive British passport combined with the recent Thai holydays I found myself urgently needing a new Non-Immigrant visa.

I thought of going to Penang as I have done on previous occasions but a friend of mine told me of a new service offered by Jack Golf at Sukhumvit Plaza. The visa service took a total of 30 hours at a cost of 6,600 Baht.

Having a look at their website I was tempted but reluctant to travel by bus over night. Approaching fifty next month and enjoying the more comfortable side of life. The thought of 20 hours in a Thai bus with a Thai bus driver was as tempting as having my nuts kicked in.

After carefully considering the options over several large whiskeys I found myself booking Jack’s visa trip.

The journey started at 21:00hrs 11th December 2006 from Sukhumvit Soi 12. I took a taxi from my home on the Srinakarin Rd and promptly arrived at the Irish bar on Soi Cowboy at 19:00hrs from where I watched the world go by.

Staggering my way to Sukhumvit Soi 12 I boarded Jack’s new bus and as my en route to Mukdahan.

The first official stop was Korat however just after Rangsit supplies was getting low and the bladder was full. So we had to stop at a PTT station that did not sell any alcohol. However a lovely Thai girl took us to the back where she sold us several ice cold cans of singa beer.

By this time I had realized that there were 6 other visa runners including a beautiful Philippine girl called Fiona.

Finally crashing out I was awaken by the sound of the minibus door opening as we arrived in Mukdahan at 05:00 am Monday 12th December. We were taken into the Grand Mukdahan Hotel where for an extra 600 Baht I booked a single room. Here I had a comfortable bed to stretch in and two and a half hours sleep. Having showered, shaved and changed my clothes I walked downstairs to have my American breakfast.

Promptly at eight in the morning Lung our guide took us to the Thai Immigration at Mukdahan where we were greeted by a foul mouthed angry cleaning lady who pushed us into line to get our departure stamp.

We were issued boarding tickets for the ferry across the Mekong. Exiting the back of Thai Immigration to board the ferry was a bit of a hike down horrendously steep steps.

Arriving in Savannakhet Laos was equally if not worst at least on the Thai side they had concrete steps; here we had to climb a steep sandy river bank to the Laos Immigration.

From here we were taken by tuk tuk to the Royal Thai Consulate to fill in the visa application forms. It was now 9:50 in the morning; by 10:30 we had all finished at immigration and would collect our passport at 2:30pm.

A short ride in the tuk tuk took us to the Lao Lao Derth Guest House where we had lunch and for an extra 300 Baht a private room and shower. The beds were as hard as rocks though but the Laos beer was tasty.

Here we had our lunch overlooking the mighty Mekong and the new bridge they are building to the north of Savannakhet.

At 2:30 we were taken to Laos Immigration where we were handed back our passports complete with Tourist Visa and my Non-Immigrant “O”. The climb down from Laos immigration to the ferry is bad and I would advise anyone with any disability not to do this visa run.

Thai Immigration in Mukdahan is slow and very crowded but as soon as were done we were off on the road to back to Bangkok with a stop in Suwannaphum for dinner.

We all arrived tired and weary in Bangkok at 02:00am 13th December 2006.

Conclusion

I would not recommend this run to anyone who has any disability as the steps at Thai immigration Mukdahan is horrendously steep and on the opposite bank on the Laos side there is virtually no steps and the bank is equally steep.

This is probably the cheapest and quickest way to do a visa run but would I do it again….. ? Only if I had to!

Mukdahan

Right the cost To Mukdahan from BKK 999 service 760 baht each way 1st class is 560 baht. 999 is 9 hrs run 1st is 10 hrs or just over.

Samlong to the ferry from bus station 30 baht each way.

Ferry 50 baht weekday o/t on w/ends both sides.

You may well have to pay an extra 20 return ferry if its a thai ferry .

Bus999 service 20.30 BKK up over night get here 6 am ferry runs from 8 30 am 999 leave Mukdahan 20.00 20.30 & 21.00 back BKK approx 6 am.

If u want cheaper l hotel in Bus station 380 baht has air & Thai tv Its OK.

But its along run bewarned I do it most w/ends knackering is the word.

Paul

this is why the rules are changing .because of <deleted> breaking the rules.i wish theyd just raid places and get rid of bar owners and english teachers with no permits .half of them arent even english natives.what sort of english do they teach anyway?people who bring in money from working overseas and dont qualify under other categories are now going to suffer because of them.

You are slightly wrong ... at least on two points

- The visa runners are not breaking any rule.

- The one who breaks the rules are the schools which employ foreign teachers illegeally

For the bar owners... I guess there are many different situations. I am sure some break the rules and I amvsure other don't.

Basically it all goes back to the rules, which in the present case are rather unworkable.

And who makes the rules? ...

[sandy]

its pretty simple i always thought.if you are working as an english teacher with out a valid work permit(and using tourist visas to stay here)as is the case with the post i was refering to,YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW!!! as is the case with guys running bars on tourist visas (or any other visa without a work permit)now,please tell me i am wrong again s.pylos.

Oh Yea Sandy. :o

Well I now have to work illegally from Monday.

WHY because due to teachers new rules & MOE dragging there <deleted> time ran out on my B Visa.

MoE refused to give a letter so I could extend my B visa.

Now have to work on a tourist visa until the school reapplies for my teachers licence & work permit.

Or refuse to work breaking my contract & losing my bonus

New rules now teachers Licence has to come before being able to apply for W/P.

So who is also breaking the law me yes, school yes, MoE yes.

Please don't tar every body with the same brush Sandy with the new laws & rules that are coming through many are being caught out.

People just need advise not criticism Sandy any one can throw stones.

There are many people being caught out by the new rules regs & laws that have been implemented of late.

You can’t just say off the top of your head those who don’t have visa O & B visas + W/p is illegal until you know the story behind it.

Paul :D