Bringing Xbox One to Thailand

Miaow

Are you coming from a country that has 220 or 110 Volts as the standard ?

Have you looked at the label near the plug to determine what the voltage requierment is ?

Here is what Microsoft has to say about Power Supply Units (also known as power bricks)

• PSUs are designed to be used only in the regions where they are sold.
  • Don't try to use an Xbox One PSU that was built for a region that has different power requirements.
  • Don't use an unlicensed accessory, such as a non-Microsoft replacement PSU, or any accessory that plugs in between the console and the PSU.
  • Don't use the Xbox One external PSU outside the country where it was sold. If you use the PSU in a different country, it or your console may be damaged, and the warranty may be invalidated.
  • The Xbox One PSU contains an internal fuse that helps protect your console from voltages that are too high and power surges. However, the PSU is a sealed unit. Therefore, you can’t replace the internal fuse.

source:http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/about-power-supply

On 18/02/2017 at 8:12 AM, Henryford said:

My Xbox One S, bought here, shows a voltage requirement of 110-240v so presumably it can be used anywhere.

On 18/02/2017 at 5:17 PM, Crossy said:

Our OP appears to be in Canada, so he will need a transformer or a local Xbox power supply.

Surely not, if the above is true.

OP: read the specs on your power supply

7 hours ago, jonw8uk said:

Surely not, if the above is true.

OP: read the specs on your power supply

Good point, but an awful lot of stuff intended for the North American market has 115V only power supplies whereas the same product for Rest of the World has a universal power supply. The saving of a few cents per unit adds up.

It won't hurt to use a transformer on a universal power supply, it will hurt (a lot) to not use one if the power supply is 115V only.

well i have my x box 1 hooked up to a transformer converter to 110 , you can guy bricks on line for them , but made in china , (I had one)  but the xbox 1 draws to much ,amps so that one burned up in a heart beat , so buy a transformer /converter that jue dose 220 to 110 . you can find these black boxes at any hard ware store ,here home pro ect 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate your input...Sorry i  been swamped at work and totally forgot about my post here..Anyways, won't be bringing my xbox to Thailand since all the games i own are digital and acording to microsoft i won't be able to play them here, because the license for digital games is only valid in the country of purchase...

Archived