American man survives small plane crash in Chon Buri

rooster59

American man survives small plane crash in Chon Buri

By The Nation

3a7f934b77a19f5de83abedf778266fd.jpeg

American documentary journalist Tom Claytor survived a small aircraft crash without a scratch in Chon Buri's Muang district on Friday afternoon.

As the man was driving a two-seater aircraft from Thai Flying Club in Sri Racha district towards the Klong 15 Ongkharak air field in Pathum Thani's Rangsit area, the engine had developed a malfunction while passing through Muang Chon Buri and shut down.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30306625

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-18

This plane look like a 50 years old Piper cub, and the man should really, really,

thanks his lucky stars, I was told long ago, when I wanted to hire a plane

for a joy ride that maintenances on  recreational airplanes are not up to

standards. so I didn't.... 

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

This plane look like a 50 years old Piper cub, and the man should really, really,

A Piper Cub BIPLANE???????

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

It looks nothing like a Cub, which is a high wing monoplane with an enclosed cockpit.

I used to fly one.

I could tell you exactly what it is, but how about you typing the reg. into your little keyboard and finding out for yourself?

Edited by Enoon

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

It looks nothing like a Cub, which is a high wing monoplane with an enclosed cockpit.

I used to fly one.

I could tell you exactly what it is, but how about you typing the reg. into your little keyboard and finding out for yourself?

I tried typing it in out of curiosity - told me absolutely nothing about the make of the plane but I did learn that there is a such a thing as an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) letter which allows you to bring your dog on board a plane without having to pay any extra.

Wish I knew that before I paid £1,500 to fly the daughters' dog here.

The world never ceases to amaze me.

now thats the most interesting way to commit suicide I have herd of yet here ! God dam what rush ! a real buzz until the end !! much better than the boring balcony stories ! just kidding guys ! glad he made down Ok really by the way it definantly is a bi plane also looks like an expensive repair job ! Ouch ! still a lesson learned again get a good engineer and pay a bit extra your life depends on it mate. 

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

If she was 50 years old (could have been a he I guess) and looking at the state of the plane nose in the ground I can only conclude she/he was a tough old bird. 

11 hours ago, keeniau96 said:

Very good little sport plane.

US Navy pilots will tell you: any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.

My dad said that all the time, having crashed landed two completely shot up B-26's during WWII and having flown 67 missions.

But he was Air Force. Sorry Air Force and Navy don't mix. :)

Lucky to be in Chonburi and find an open field.  If he was closer to Rangsit there might have been a different outcome, an emergency landing in a housing estate might have been a challenge!

18 hours ago, Ian Maxwell said:

now thats the most interesting way to commit suicide I have herd of yet here ! God dam what rush ! a real buzz until the end !! much better than the boring balcony stories ! just kidding guys ! glad he made down Ok really by the way it definantly is a bi plane also looks like an expensive repair job ! Ouch ! still a lesson learned again get a good engineer and pay a bit extra your life depends on it mate. 

I wonder what the copycat version will look like

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.