SURVEY: Should Entertainment Establishments be allowed later closing?

Scott

Survey: Should Entertainment Establishments be allowed a to stay open to 4:00 a.m. Nationwide?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Phuket is considering going to 4:00 a.m. closing for entertainment establishments.   Do you think a 4:00 a.m. should be approved nationwide for entertainment establishments?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/968545-phuket-poll-does-patong-need-later-closing-times-for-bars-and-nightclubs/

I do not frequent these establishments, but can understand why people do, they are the reason lots of tourists come here, and while I'm here, I think they should be open every night with no exception for religious reasons, and in Bangkok and Pattaya, I cannot comment on other places in Thailand, and of course they should be open till 4am.

Yeah, they can stay open until 06.00 or 24 hour. No problem, but it should be without the adult powerdrinkers with one or two chromosomes missing acting like retarted brats and/or violent behaviour.
We all know that is something which is never going to happen, so I guess the retarted rules and the time stays.

How long does it take to get drunk? I would go out at 8 or 9pm back in the UK. Bars would shut at 11pm then its off to a club until 1-2 in the morning and that's in a major city. Phuket is hardly Pattaya, it's a small island resort. Do holiday makers and islanders want drunks walking around making noise all night.

I've been to all the major island resorts in Thailand and all are being ruined by this entertainment side. Restaurants, fire shows and whisky buckets on the beach is one thing but full blown "Walking Streets" on a small island is another.

For example here's a video of Phuket's nightlife. If you want this open all night expect to see the same.

I think that TAT should insist that, in its efforts to clean up Thailand, all bars should close at 10pm, and all sex establishments be closed down.  Then the PM would never have to follow Trump's example and consider building a wall around Thailand,  as nobody would be trying to get in.

If TAT has its way, the Government would never have the cash to build a wall anyway.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I do not frequent these establishments, but can understand why people do, they are the reason lots of tourists come here, and while I'm here, I think they should be open every night with no exception for religious reasons, and in Bangkok and Pattaya, I cannot comment on other places in Thailand, and of course they should be open till 4am.

????????

goodness part of the fun of flying halfway around the world to Thailand was that a vacationer could get out and about and if a late night was wanted, so be it.  In Pattya it was often fun to maybe arrive at BKK on the 1 am flight from the states, take a taxi, check into the hotel and still go out!  Many outdoor street bars were quiet but open.  Or on any given night if restless or maybe after taking a long nap during the day and the body clock was a bit out of wack, head down to walking street and a few places were open.  I see no harm in late night at all. I don't want everything open late all night, but in certain areas, yes definitely

36 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Frankly since I don't normally go to such 'entertainment venues' anyhow I really don't care one way or the other.

So I decided to let local officials  make the decision locally and that was my choice.

Yes I am the other one like minded , I don't know when the 2 bars in my neck of the woods close , sometimes a special do is put on and at midnight 2k from town music can be heard from tesaban but if I am not indoors by midnight I got lost coming home ( I am 70 tomorrow )

2 minutes ago, oceanyachting said:

I fail to see why they object to home brew beer. If it is then distilled - a different matter

I did try Tiger beer then next day Federbrau to see what would go with my Aussie er.....diluted cream soda ( 4.2% ) and will try that beer from Makro in 1 litre tins.  In England I never ever drank bottled lager and I still don't Like it.  My home made ginger beer should go down well ( 4% ).

2 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I think that TAT should insist that, in its efforts to clean up Thailand, 

TAT ,  clean up in Thailand ?.   Quality tourist numbers  would  fall drastically .

Edited by elliss

Never been to these entertainment venues in thailand. I sleep at 11pm after 4-5 large leos and a good meal. So. They can stay open 24/7. I tried a small leo once and felt depressed. These venues so i was told charge 80thb for it? Nah. I want thailand to be cheap and relax...

4 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

For the 2.17 percent who do not want any entertainment districts.Ddo yourself and everyone else a favor. LEAVE

The "if you don't like it go home" brigade strikes again, but this time I am in agreement.