CCTV WiFi Plug & Play ?

moonseeker

Hi there:

Anybody with experience & recommendation for 4- or 6 camera-system, full Wifi. Supposedly there are now systems that are totally pre-configured and not need for

network set-up, port-forwarding etc. etc. 

Such as this-one??? http://www.lazada.co.th/anran-ar-s04w30345-1080p-4ch-wireless-nvr-system-with-4-outdoorindoor-wifi-1080p-ip-cameras-ir-dome-camera-plug-and-play-8185942.html

Would love to get some brand-recommendation or specific product. I have the knowledge to setup standard IP-cams, but am getting annoyed with

my DDNS provider who is often offline, when I need to check some property.

Thank you kindly.  MS>

• Like 1

About 3 months ago I set up a system using the previous versions of........

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_757_i6049.html  and http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_757_i6111.html

Having never done it before I did find it a little tricky to set up the first one but the other 4 were then easy. With your prior experience that probably won't be an issue. Note that these are not WiFi but are PoE which, for me, is the better option since you are running a power cable anyway and don't have to worry about data loss/speed so much. Of course that necessitates buying a switch but these are relatively inexpensive in the grander scheme of things.

I've found the picture quality excellent and Hikvision's own ddns service to be wholly reliable to date. The free IVMS monitoring software is decent too.

They were bought via aliexpress during their equivalent of a Black Friday sale at very reasonable prices (substantially less than they sell for in the USA). Note that there are a lot of "OEM" versions on aliexpress so you need to be careful that you are buying "original/English" version if that is what you require. The supplier I bought from was very helpful and made it clear that she sold both originals and OEMs - there was no attempt to hide that as some do. If you'd like me to pass on her details then feel free to PM me.

• Like 2

Yeah, good tip with Hassan / TIP4BUY, 4th. fl. backside right, in Harbor Mall. Thank you. Friendly owner & staff. Multilingual. Happy to show what they offer and demonstrate products without pressure.

Also have excellent Android Box, first class setup and misc. choices from free to 600 Baht month programming. Few friends already bought and very pleased. His staff comes to setup and help with introduction if needed. Also liked a new 360-WiFi CCTV Cam, fantastic! Shop that can be recommended.  MS>

Edited by moonseeker
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/20/2017 at 9:18 AM, dannywla said:

Vstarcam.com

buy on Lazada.   Easy to use and two free apps. 

Requires 32/64 sd storage card.  Look at youtube to see how fantastic that product is. 

Can you automatically send pictures by email when motion detector detects something ?

Yeah, good tip with Hassan / TIP4BUY, 4th. fl. backside right, in Harbor Mall. Thank you. Friendly owner & staff. Multilingual. Happy to show what they offer and demonstrate products without pressure.
Also have excellent Android Box, first class setup and misc. choices from free to 600 Baht month programming. Few friends already bought and very pleased. His staff comes to setup and help with introduction if needed. Also liked a new 360-WiFi CCTV Cam, fantastic! Shop that can be recommended.  MS>

If you don’t mind me asking what system did you end up with?

What was the cost and set up like?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app