Rabbit BTS Card: how to ask for "stored value" card?

dblaisde

I got a Rabbit card but wanted the stored value type, and not the "50 trips for xxxx baht" type, since those trips expire at the end of 30 days. What's the right lingo to use to get a "stored value" card?

Edited by dblaisde

If you have a standard Adult Rabbit card (it says Rabbit and Adult on it) you can load either stored value or a trip based pass (or both it will use the trips first).

It looks something like this:-

xrabbit_card_adult.png.pagespeed.ic.jg3L

Just hand over the card with some cash and say "100 Baht please" (or whatever value you want) and the operator will load your card, most of them speak good enough English to understand what you want.

Rabbit website is here https://card.rabbit.co.th/en

thanks very much. I thought I might need a different card since what I have now is for "50 trips".

One more question: I'm 70 and I think they offer discounts for Senior Citizens. I suppose I wouldn't need a different card for that either. They'd somehow put the same value on the card but with a reduced price for it. (??)

Edited by dblaisde

Does your current card look like the one I posted above? If so you can add value to it no problem, if it says something like 50 Trip Pass you need to get a Rabbit card first.

You can get a Senior card for the MRT with your passport as ID and proof of being over 60, IIRC the discount is 50%.

Sadly the BTS, whilst having a similar elder card require you to be both over 60 AND Thai :(

4 hours ago, dblaisde said:

What's the right lingo to use to get a "stored value" card?

i just asked for a rabbit card at mo chit bts station two weeks ago !

he said its 80 baht for the card 

and then he asked me how many baht i wanted to put in it

i said 500 and this is the card i got !

dave2  

rabbit card for bts skytrain 8 feb 17 20170220_174607~01.jpg

On 2/20/2017 at 4:41 PM, Crossy said:

Does your current card look like the one I posted above? If so you can add value to it no problem, if it says something like 50 Trip Pass you need to get a Rabbit card first.

You can get a Senior card for the MRT with your passport as ID and proof of being over 60, IIRC the discount is 50%.

Sadly the BTS, whilst having a similar elder card require you to be both over 60 AND Thai :(

Oops! Becoming Thai will take more work than it took to become 60. Thanks for the heads up.

5 minutes ago, dblaisde said:

Thanks much SooKee!

Welcome.  Just in case your'e wondering, they do actually use the English word 'Rabbit'in this case given that it's the product brand name, it is not translated into the Thai word for rabbit = grà dtàai.

Edited by SooKee

8 hours ago, dblaisde said:

Thanks much SooKee!

BTW, using RABBIT at McDo gives you a 10% discount on your purchase there. I don't eat burgers, but the Cafe Latte at McCafé is actually quite decent, and who can resist a "Chocolate Sundae".