TV Members Gathering @No.1 Bar - Weds 22nd Feb 2000hrs

stament

Just a reminder about a no-holds barred open drop-in get together has been arranged. No badges required, anyone who fancies it feel free to turn up.  We may move on around 2200 but I am not expecting many late arrivals as its a school night ?

Had a few confirms so we will just see if anyone turns up or whether it's just me and my Kiwi friend Paul. Either is fine with me as the beer is still the same ?

I intend to be there but anything can happen within 24-36 hours.  Should be a fun time putting names to faces.  Is the No1 Bar the one just around the corner off Loi Kroh Rd? (Soi 1) or is it the Soi 1 over near Mad Dogs?

I could always stagger from one to the other if I get it wrong!

Edited by CMKiwi

2 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

I intend to be there but anything can happen within 24-36 hours.  Should be a fun time putting names to faces.  Is the No1 Bar the one just around the corner off Loi Kroh Rd? (Soi 1) or is it the Soi 1 over near Mad Dogs?

Loi Kroh

3 hours ago, dukeandduke said:

Thanks for the info, and I might go, but I won't if I have to reveal my double-secret TV identity. 

And I make a triple promise not to reveal anything to anyone about anything if they buy me a drink.  And those that buy the next drink get all the lowdown!

Will or won't see you there:post-4641-1156694005:

my  wife may turn up....her name is  Incontentia,   Incontentia Buttocks.  Classic lines from Monty Pythons Life of Brian.

Should be a great get together..... a few laughs and probably a few more beers/ales. (How am I to get home?)

Edited by CMKiwi

15 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

The first one you mentioned and there is parking there too. I wasn't even aware there was another bar with a similar name so many thanks for pointing that out!!!

6 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

my  wife may turn up....her name is  Incontentia,   Incontentia Buttocks.  Classic lines from Monty Pythons Life of Brian.

Should be a great get together..... a few laughs and probably a few more beers/ales. (How am I to get home?)

Suggest a time tuk or uber.

1 hour ago, Sandy Freckle said:

I'm out in the real world, so can't be there...., this time...., I certainly would swing by if I were in CM.

Next time Sandy. If this is a success and people are happy then I am sure there will be others.

4 hours ago, stament said:

The first one you mentioned and there is parking there too. I wasn't even aware there was another bar with a similar name so many thanks for pointing that out!!!

Needed to change some currency at Super Rich this morning which is just around the corner so checked the parking facilities.

On site parking is 3-4 cars, then you will play the tedious shuffle the cars, bikes to exit.

Bike parking should be more than adequate.

Before reaching Soi 1, there is a vacant lot with penguin tours on the corner that provides pay parking.

Note: if that gets full the vehicle shuffling could be more cumbersome.

Edited by Paul Catton

Have a good time....Live too far out of town....

Maybe, somewhere along the way those of us that are down Canal Rd/Hang Dong way can meet up in a similar fashion....

Someplace with parking & available seating, food, & drinks.....

Yummy Pizza would be a good possibility....

4 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Just got out of the shower, on my way soon.  See you all there.

Lucky you my newborn is holding me up. The wonders of being a Dad. The respected Mr Catton will be there by 8 if I dont quite make it.

Murphys law has been appkies tonight after weeks of military precision planning!

See u all soon! 

Unfortunately I can't make it tonight.  Had a few too many bevvies last night but will never the less be there in spirit!

Hope you all have a great night and I hope to attend the next get together. 

Edited by CMKiwi

15 hours ago, stament said:

Not sure what you mean bartender, what adverts?

Sorry just a little joke, I was referring to the recent period where if you wanted to read anything on Thaivisa a pop-up prevented you for 30 seconds, there were several long threads on it, seems to have gone now