Video: Thai driver takes the biscuit for mad driving - but gets his just desserts!

webfact

Video: Thai driver takes the biscuit for mad driving - but gets his just desserts!

2am.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Our video this morning shows why many people think it is just not worth venturing onto the Thai roads - if you want to live a long and happy life that is!

The footage was captured by driver Suphawat Songklin from a dash cam. He was heading north on Pahonyothin Road in the Future Park, Rangsit area when an old car whizzed past him and started weaving in and out.

The car careens left then right but it is not long before the driver meets his match - the central barrier He then spins and hits the side on the road on the left.

Suphawat told Thairath that he recorded the incident when he was travelling in his car with his wife and child on Sunday. He said he believed the driver was a Thai male teenager.

It was very lucky that he didn't cause a serious accident, added Suphawat.

Nearly a million people have viewed the footage shared to Youlike with netizens condemning the loony driver in a swathe of comments.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-21

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many of the million "netizens" that viewed the video are currently...driving on the hard shoulder, pushing in at the front of a u-turn, running a red light light (no space to cross though because cars are backed up halfway through the intersection), riding their motorbike to 7/11 on the sidewalk etc etc etc etc...:unsure::rolleyes: -_-

Sadly this video does nothing to improve road safety in Thailand.

What it is a  racist attack designed to reinforce prejudices about Thai people.

there are no more stupid drivers in Thailand than any other country.

What WOULD help road safety is an intelligent analysis of WHY and HOW this incident took place.

Just now, Alan Deer said:

What WOULD help road safety is an intelligent analysis of WHY and HOW this incident took place.

No more stupid drivers in Thailand than any other country? What an ignorant, uninformed remark. Why is it that Thailand is #2 in the world for road deaths? Just bad luck i suppose.

4 minutes ago, Alan Deer said:

this bit of your post suggests that you either haven't driven a lot in Thailand or haven't in other countries.

the driver in the video deserves that everyone from the other cars gets out, points fingers, starts laughing and record the whole thing on video and posts it on youtube alng with his name for the world to see.

would deserve a darwin award hands down but unfortunately didn't try hard enough

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No more stupid drivers in Thailand than any other country? What an ignorant, uninformed remark. Why is it that Thailand is #2 in the world for road deaths? Just bad luck i suppose.

Sadly this is an example of how even the expat public are themselves incrediby ill-informed of the issues faccing road safety in Thailand.

9 minutes ago, Alan Deer said:

Oh deer

do you drive here?

4 minutes ago, Alan Deer said:

Sadly this is an example of how even the expat public are themselves incrediby ill-informed of the issues faccing road safety in Thailand.

You are a prime example of someone who refuses to see the wood for the trees.

Dear Mr Deer,

your comment is hopelessly wide of the mark.  One day you will be sitting patiently waiting to turn right at a a U-turn when two 17 year olds crash into you doing 90.  Despite having no licence and only one helmet between them, they will sue you and your insurance company for NINE million.  Racist cops will insist it is your fault and bring charges against you.  You will then  start looking beyond Thailand's borders.  I know.

I'd better tell my Thai friends that Alan Deer says they're racist for complaining about the shocking standard of driving in Thailand.

"Racist" the most overused word in recent times that has totally lost meaning.

46 minutes ago, Alan Deer said:

This video was posted by a Thai national. Please troll elsewhere, newbie.

Alan Deer do you sit at home all day with the curtains closed? Yours are the only uninformed comments here. Anybody that has driven on Thailand roads KNOWS how bad the drivers are. Have you SEEN the driving test? All completed in 5 minutes in a small compound with no other drivers and the 'examiner' sitting at a table watching about 50% of the time. Or are you just yanking everybody's chain? When I bought my first car here, my girlfriend, who has a licence asked me (referring to the pedals) "which one is go and which one is stop?".

Archived