Video: Thai driver takes the biscuit for mad driving - but gets his just desserts!

webfact

3 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

How is that? I thought all country's driving test included questions about what to do when one encounters a military tank on the roadway????  

Nice insider joke. I failed the test the first time as i answered: no u cannot drive tank on public road (answer is yes you can). The next day i took the test again and went as illogical as posiible and scored 100%. I kid u not...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gerard052 said:

You are right, too many farangs in this country are wearing pink glasses, or refuse to admit whatever is really going on in this country.  I have been coming to this country for 15 years, 6 months at the time, I read the country's papers, I keep my eyes and ears open.  Don't need to be an Einstein to figure out what is really on, people just have to remove their pink glasses.

Agreed in full. And stop marrying the locals. 555. there would be less misery on tvf then and less balcony accidents. 555.....

What's the big deal?? I've seen this type of thing in the USA where I'm from and I'd guess something like this happens every day. I've lived in Thailand for many years and don't find driving here anymore dangerous than there.

15 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

What's the big deal?? I've seen this type of thing in the USA where I'm from and I'd guess something like this happens every day. I've lived in Thailand for many years and don't find driving here anymore dangerous than there.

Seriously?

ive driven around the USA, across almost every state ( bar the top north east corner), three times, including across Canada into Alaska, and I find American road users, on a whole, to be amongst the best and most courteous, and the highway patrol amongst the most diligent

funny how different people see things... but there you go

53 minutes ago, Mook23 said:

Nice insider joke. I failed the test the first time as i answered: no u cannot drive tank on public road (answer is yes you can). The next day i took the test again and went as illogical as posiible and scored 100%. I kid u not...

I take it that now your good to go, when it comes to jumping into a parked tank, and driving away? ( provided your not stealing it)

32 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

You don't find driving here any more dangerous than the US? How do you explain the death toll then, or is that just fictitious?

11 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Seriously?

ive driven around the USA, across almost every state ( bar the top north east corner), three times, including across Canada into Alaska, and I find American road users, on a whole, to be amongst the best and most courteous, and the highway patrol amongst the most diligent

funny how different people see things... but there you go

Well I lived in the USA for 60 years and I'm comfortable with driving there and here. And most drivers are fine, but I've also encountered road rage incidents and various other crazy things in the USA. There are going to be some incompetent, crazy, stupid, you name it drivers wherever you go.

59 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You don't find driving here any more dangerous than the US? How do you explain the death toll then, or is that just fictitious?

Maybe you should take time to consider WHY the death toll (and that is just one stat of many) is so high, when Thailand has the same number of incodents as the UK?

Edited by Alan Deer

1 minute ago, Alan Deer said:

Maybe you should take time to consider WHY the death toll (and that is just one stat of many) is so high, when Thailand has the same number of incodents as the UK?

We all know why, lack of driver training, many unlicenced drivers, many using alcohol and drugs, lack of enforcement of road rules, little or no penalties, and the Thai propensity to have their head in the clouds and be doing something other than concentrating on the road. These are some of the reasons that make driving in Thailand dangerous, yet people (you) keep saying it's no worse here than elsewhere. Quite frankly I'm bored with your refusal to accept facts.

7 hours ago, Alan Deer said:

Sadly this video does nothing to improve road safety in Thailand.

What it is a  racist attack designed to reinforce prejudices about Thai people.

there are no more stupid drivers in Thailand than any other country.

What WOULD help road safety is an intelligent analysis of WHY and HOW this incident took place.

You can analyze it all you want...unless you make some changes in enforcement and attitudes you're not going to get anywhere.

Edited by Lee4Life
spelling

8 hours ago, ejpool44 said:

I'd say the accelerator was stuck on! No Thai driver would drive like that surely?

This site needs a sarcasm font in the worst way. You were being sarcastic. Please tell me you were being sarcastic.

2 hours ago, Alan Deer said:

Only a fool would think that passing a driving test makes them a "good" or better still safe driver. ...and if they think "driving" and "road safety" are synonyms they are even more deluded

Now I see what ya mean, so we all stop driving and we instantly get road safety, how could I be so blind.

7 minutes ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Now I see what ya mean, so we all stop driving and we instantly get road safety, how could I be so blind.

I have the perfect solution, ban all cars and motorbikes, in fact all forms of motorised transport. Result, reduce the road toll to zero.

2 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

You can analyze it all you want...unless you make some changes in enforcement and attitudes you're not going to get anywhere.

Unfortuntely as eve a small amount of analysis will reveal, a single issue approach to road safety will proof in effective.

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I have the perfect solution, ban all cars and motorbikes, in fact all forms of motorised transport. Result, reduce the road toll to zero.

Like many people on tis thread you fail to see the complete picture - ban all cars and motorcycles and you are still left with a crap road system, buses and public transport and all the other road users.......there would still be accidents

Just now, Alan Deer said:

Like many people on tis thread you fail to see the complete picture - ban all cars and motorcycles and you are still left with a crap road system, buses and public transport and all the other road users.......there would still be accidents

Did I not say ALL forms of motorised transport, which wasn't meant to be taken seriously BTW. I have still yet to hear any solutions from you.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

We all know why, lack of driver training, many unlicenced drivers, many using alcohol and drugs, lack of enforcement of road rules, little or no penalties, and the Thai propensity to have their head in the clouds and be doing something other than concentrating on the road. These are some of the reasons that make driving in Thailand dangerous, yet people (you) keep saying it's no worse here than elsewhere. Quite frankly I'm bored with your refusal to accept facts.

again attempts to explain the ill-perceived problem in terms of single isolated incidents and propose single issue solutions will prove ineffective.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

""(you) keep saying it's no worse here than elsewhere." - really? Where do I say that?