Extension of Stay - grace period?

There is no grace period. After the date your extension ends you are on a overstay. Most immigration offices would allow you to pay the 500 baht a day fine for the overstay and allow you to apply for the extension if it was only a few days.

If it is in the bank tomorrow you would be able to apply on May 22nd since it would be in the bank for the 3 months on that day since that is the required amount of time (it is not 90 days).

Thanks Joe. If I get my letter from the bank on the Friday 19th May do you think that is that going to be OK. I will have to prove it's still in the account on 22nd May by the 100 baht deposit.

Edited by samtam

17 minutes ago, samtam said:

Thanks Joe. If I get my letter from the bank on the Friday 19th May do you think that is that going to be OK. I will have to prove it's still in the account on 22nd May by the 100 baht deposit.

Just do a bank book update on the 22nd and you should have no problems.

4 hours ago, samtam said:

No, and it's a retirement visa.

FYI. It's an extension of stay, not a visa. And if you were married you could still apply for a 60 day extension even if the expiring extension had been granted on the basis of retirement (over 50).

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no grace period. After the date your extension ends you are on a overstay. Most immigration offices would allow you to pay the 500 baht a day fine for the overstay and allow you to apply for the extension if it was only a few days.

If it is in the bank tomorrow you would be able to apply on May 22nd since it would be in the bank for the 3 months on that day since that is the required amount of time (it is not 90 days).

Has anyone using Chaengwattana had experience of being a day / days late and having to pay a fine?

(Hoping my TT will be in my account tomorrow, but anticipating the worst.)

11 minutes ago, samtam said:

Has anyone using Chaengwattana had experience of being a day / days late and having to pay a fine?

They will do it after you pay the overstay fine. There have been reports of them doing it.

There are very few offices that would not.

Thanks. I assume that if I tried to do the Extension on the 22nd May (my due date), and the deposit only reached the full 3 months on the 23rd, they would not process it, and would ask me to re-submit on the 23rd, and pay the one day's fine; is that how it works? Viz, they need the 3 months and 1 or 2 days short is not going to cut it.

Edited by samtam

9 hours ago, samtam said:

Thanks. I assume that if I tried to do the Extension on the 22nd May (my due date), and the deposit only reached the full 3 months on the 23rd, they would not process it, and would ask me to re-submit on the 23rd, and pay the one day's fine; is that how it works? Viz, they need the 3 months and 1 or 2 days short is not going to cut it.

If you went on the 22nd and the money was not there for 3 months until 23rd they could use their discretion and do it or tell you to come back the next day and pay the 500 baht overstay fine before applying for the extension.