foreigners who save on aircon bills

cheapskatesam

20 hours ago, JimCrane said:

you spend plenty of time outdoors en route to an air con restaurant or back to your air con room. 

That's me - that's more than enough tropical heat for one day LOL.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tropo said:

That's me - that's more than enough tropical heat for one day LOL.

you may want to move to a cooler or more temperate climate. it would open up a bunch of possibilities. plus you wont feel like a lab rat.

1 hour ago, JimCrane said:

you may want to move to a cooler or more temperate climate. it would open up a bunch of possibilities. plus you wont feel like a lab rat.

No thanks, I've been living in this climate full time for about 16 years, and don't feel like a lab rat. I keep my aircon at 26 - 27C, which doesn't cause any problems when I leave it. That's a warm summer's night back at home. There's absolutely nothing outside that I want to do that I'm missing out on. I even put in hard 1.5 hour workouts in the park at least 3 days a week, so if I need to be out in the heat, I can survive just fine.

Edited by tropo

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 5:37 AM, KittenKong said:

I cant speak for anyone else but I dont like the humidity or the particulates in the air here. The thin layer of black dust that accumulates on my balcony most days does not encourage me to open my windows, though I do some mornings in what passes for winter here. I dont like the outside noise either.

Running my aircon all the time must cost me around 1200B a month and keeps me fresh and cool and dry. So I consider it a bargain. If it cost a lot more I would still pay it, or leave the country.

Don't live at the first floor and in front of a road.

At 15th floor with a garden in front, no dust no pollution, and cool breeze.

People get what they choose and they deserve it <3

On April 2, 2017 at 3:14 AM, tropo said:

No thanks, I've been living in this climate full time for about 16 years, and don't feel like a lab rat. I keep my aircon at 26 - 27C, which doesn't cause any problems when I leave it. That's a warm summer's night back at home. There's absolutely nothing outside that I want to do that I'm missing out on. I even put in hard 1.5 hour workouts in the park at least 3 days a week, so if I need to be out in the heat, I can survive just fine.

i suggest you use the indoor air conditioned gym where your staying and just look out the dirty windows. that makes more outdoor space for the rangers.

53 minutes ago, JimCrane said:

i suggest you use the indoor air conditioned gym where your staying and just look out the dirty windows. that makes more outdoor space for the rangers.

What is your problem? I already do use my own equipment at home, however, the windows could use a clean.:smile: