Property Valuation

I have to provide details of assets (part of an ongoing/never-ending personal saga) , including any holdings outside my home country. I own a condo in Bangkok. Is the valuation held by the Land Office regarded as definitive for valuation purposes? I understand that it might understate the potential price realised through a sale ( and that wouldn't disappoint). Or is there another mechanism to get a valuation? ( in Australia this would be by a registered valuer and it would take into account the market value rather than the official local govt value that is determined for rates/team purposes).

It goes without saying that I'm looking for a way to get the lowest figure and to try to head the other party off at the pass , by coming up with something official.

any advice/suggestions appreciated

Use the land office assessed value. You can get a print out at your local land office (take the Chanote and your passport with you).

You will probably need to get it translated as everything is in Thai. I would imagine a government valuation would be sufficient.

You could get a member of the Thai Appraisal Foundation to give you a valuation, but that is going to cost considerably more and may give you a different result.

Try Plan A first.