Daughter looking after sick father at hospital goes to the roof and jumps to her death

webfact

On 2/23/2017 at 9:38 PM, Artisi said:

Normal in govt. hospitals

Normal? that's disgusting! the poor Thai people are just plain out of luck in a community hospital. the ONLY reason I was there is that it IS the ONLY hospital in Ubon that has the equipment! the private hospitals do not have the equipment and send all their patients to the "community" hospital, what the hell is a nurses job in thailand community hospital  anyway? 

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

Normal? that's disgusting! the poor Thai people are just plain out of luck in a community hospital. the ONLY reason I was there is that it IS the ONLY hospital in Ubon that has the equipment! the private hospitals do not have the equipment and send all their patients to the "community" hospital, what the hell is a nurses job in thailand community hospital  anyway? 

You are complaining about not getting a private room in a developing country with a minimum wage of $8 a day.

I think "the poor Thai people" are fortunate to have access to a such a good public health system and probably don't share your concerns about the quality of the congee and whether they can get a nice cup of tea or a private room. It's indication surely of the quality of the "community" hospitals in terms of care that they were the ones with the equipment you needed.

Honestly the lack of perspective here is simply amazing to me.

20 minutes ago, the guest said:

NHS is the crown in Europe where hospital treatment is second to none, paid for by the tax payer. Why other countries cannot follow suit is beyond me.

GDP/capita

UK - $43,902
Thailand - $5,742

Tax take as % of GDP

UK - 34.4%
Thailand - 17.0%

Tax take per capita

UK - $15,102
Thailand - $976

I completely agree with you the NHS is great, but $15,102 is over 15 times larger than $976

Edited by blorg

1 hour ago, the guest said:

NHS is the crown in Europe where hospital treatment is second to none, paid for by the tax payer. Why other countries cannot follow suit is beyond me.

It's not rocket science to work out why. Do you actually live here and have you been outside your a/c condo and local a/c bar?

I have been in 5 hospitals as a customer  here in CM. 2 were private and 3 were government.

In 1 I was told I  had to be put in icu as i had no family to look after me . (public) as it was not an emergency I said no and  told them I would not pay for icu if they put in but would pay ward price which was quoted and printed for all to see. Another hosp-ital I had a problem and needed a neurologist, the doctor they sent was a demotologist  and had  no clue as to procedure to take to solve my problem. (private) I had 3rd hospital send 3 different doctors (heart, urologist, allergy) to look at and try to charge for their expertise for extreme pain for a back  problem which i had had before.(public) The other 2 hospitals i went to were a private and a public and both had qualified doctors who understood what was wrong, treatment needed and did it. Medical care here can be like a crap game, sometimes you roll a 7, another time you crap out.  But the family is expected to take careTracing the path of terror home in many cases.

On 2/25/2017 at 6:04 PM, blorg said:

You are complaining about not getting a private room in a developing country with a minimum wage of $8 a day.

I think "the poor Thai people" are fortunate to have access to a such a good public health system and probably don't share your concerns about the quality of the congee and whether they can get a nice cup of tea or a private room. It's indication surely of the quality of the "community" hospitals in terms of care that they were the ones with the equipment you needed.

Honestly the lack of perspective here is simply amazing to me.

if you think it is so good, go there! stay there! you are like so many people who have never had to undergo what the Thai's go thru. just got your stash and live good. and I was not complaining about a private room, i was there for only one day.let me know where you go for trweatment and stay the next time you get sick and have to stay in a hospital. Hypocrite!

On 27/02/2017 at 8:08 AM, captspectre said:

if you think it is so good, go there! stay there! you are like so many people who have never had to undergo what the Thai's go thru. just got your stash and live good. and I was not complaining about a private room, i was there for only one day.let me know where you go for trweatment and stay the next time you get sick and have to stay in a hospital. Hypocrite!

I did go there, I always go to the public hospital. Most recently, I spent three days in a public ward in a public hospital with other Thai people and it was fine. Everyone was very nice. And the quality of medical care was very good.

8 hours ago, blorg said:

I did go there, I always go to the public hospital. Most recently, I spent three days in a public ward in a public hospital with other Thai people and it was fine. Everyone was very nice. And the quality of medical care was very good.

are you paying Thai income tax? if not why are you using the Thai system? are you free loading on a poor country? or are you somehow paying your way? foreigners should not impose on  Thai public services. if you cannot pay for your own health care go home.

9 hours ago, captspectre said:

are you paying Thai income tax? if not why are you using the Thai system? are you free loading on a poor country? or are you somehow paying your way? foreigners should not impose on  Thai public services. if you cannot pay for your own health care go home.

I'm not freeloading on anything, foreigners are billed the full cost of their treatment in the public system. And obviously I pay that. It's just a lot cheaper than going private because you are not paying for the lobby decorations.

Would you be moaning about a foreigner in the UK using a public hospital? An emergency, say a heart attack in the UK, you would object to a foreigner calling an ambulance (which is a public service) and going to a public hospital (which handle about 100% of emergencies, and have significantly better results, as private hospitals don't really do A&E?) Of course the foreigner would be BILLED by the NHS for their treatment, but you would say, no, they shouldn't go there, they shouldn't use the UK public health system, they need to go private or die in the street?

Jesus Christ, you were the one who said "if you think it is so good, go there", I was just pointing out that yes, I do go there, and so I have personal experience of what the public system here is like, which you presumably don't, shitting on it from your lofty perch. And the fact is, the quality of the medical care (which is all I really care about, not the quality of the food or whether the nurses bring me a cup of tea) is excellent in the Thai public system, that was my point.

Who are you people? Get off your high horse.