Stallions V-Twin

canthai55

Hello Norman,

Please explain how you know that the quality of the Stallions motorcycles isn't in their vocabulary? From all people who actually have a Stallions motorcycle on this forum and several other forums we can only read positive comments.

So Norman, did you ever own a Stallions motorcycle? What is your experience with Stallions Motorcycles?  Saying “They have not quality” is a bold statement… Especially as you seem to be one of the small percentage that says they’re of low quality….

Actually could be a fun little bike. Who else makes small V-Twins these days?

Just trying to understand this company a bit more, maybe Richard can shed some light. What's Stallions exactly? Are they a Thai "reseller" of Italjet for this bike? I've seen them also under the name Romet (from Poland).

Looks wise the red frame is horrible imho. Better hide it in black as it's really not a beautiful shape. But with some work this could be not too bad. A small project base or bike for the lady hm... A 400cc version for around 150k THB would be nice. But it seems to be missing ABS? A real bummer.

Can't seem to embed images for some reason, check this link with three nice designs: http://imgur.com/a/61iEj

Edited by eisfeld

Sorry I not know much about Stallions Motorcycles, most information I know about them comes from China, as they have a partnership with Shineray Motorcycles…

What I know is that Stallions Motorcycles is a 100% Thai owned motorcycle manufacturer, they had a few years ago a retro design they bought out of the Tiger bankruptcy, Tiger showed that retro “cafe” racer a few times on motorcycle show but never made a production version. Stallions Motorcycle wanted to develop that retro design into a full production motorcycle.

For people who are familiar with the automotive industry will know that having a good design is not the only thing you need, so Stallions Motorcycle looked for a partner to develop the concept in more detail and make it production ready. Long story short they found a reliable partner in Shineray Motorcycles, Shineray is one of the most popular motorcycles manufacturers in China… and currently heavily investing in overseas businesses.

The engineers I know at Shineray, don’t have enough info on the whole partnership between Stallions and Shineray. But they guess that Stallions motorcycle also shares in the profit from Shineray selling the designs around the world…

Are all Chinese made Stallions/Shineray look-a-likes made by one of the two? No the success of the partnership of Stallions and Shineray didn’t go unnoticed… and many smaller companies are copying the design and supply parts….

For a 250cc V-twin, Lifan Thailand had several discussions to introduce the Lifan LF250-19 onto the Thai market. The man in charge doesn't like the V-twin naked bike idea and therefore we not yet have it... Lifan makes the LF250-19 for several years already...

x700-Lifan-LF250-19P-Dakota-250.jpg

Edited by Richard-BKK

Put a Stallion next to any of the Japanese bikes and then all will be revealed. 

Plain and simple. 

I was going to buy the 150 café racer for 66k 3 years ago until the salesman on Sukhumvit talked me out of it as I was asking about quality and such.

I ended up paying 48k for a Honda Cub. 22 000 kms later Ican honestly say that I have never had any problems with it.

Well, 60m super cubs in 55 years says it all. 

Hope this helps. 

Ok, this is not about the vtwin, but stallions quality. I recently saw a ct400 parked somewhere with 6700km on the clock. I inspected the bike and saw 2 things which i didn't like (which involves quality/finishing). 1st, the last weldings on both exhaustpipes were rusting and 2nd, the front nave was ugly casted metal, very rough. Something you do not see on a pic but only on close-up.

Please note that i like the classic look of the ct400 very much and considering buying one. Not yet decided though....

A rusted exhaust system is hardly an indication of quality, I can show pictures of motorcycles from several motorcycle manufacturers (not Chinese) that have rust on exhaust pipes or other chrome parts even before a dealer sold them.

Most motorcycles sold in Thailand, are budget models what means that the accounting department has a huge say in how much parts for a motorcycle can cost. The exhaust system is somewhat traditional the most squeezed down part of a motorcycle, the metal is of low quality, the electroplating is poor standard. Good chrome plating needs a good copper layer on steel before you can electroplate the chrome layer… But most motorcycle manufacturers do just enough copper layer that the chrome will stick, also just enough chromium that it looks good.

2 hours ago, NormanW said:

Put a Stallion next to any of the Japanese bikes and then all will be revealed. 

Plain and simple. 

I was going to buy the 150 café racer for 66k 3 years ago until the salesman on Sukhumvit talked me out of it as I was asking about quality and such.

I ended up paying 48k for a Honda Cub. 22 000 kms later Ican honestly say that I have never had any problems with it.

Well, 60m super cubs in 55 years says it all. 

Hope this helps. 

It could of course also be that the sales guy got more commission if he sold a Honda motorcycle.

Interesting info Richard but I am not sure how accurate it is in respect to this bike. I tried to look up some more but the Shineray website doesn't list any V-Twin engines nor could I find much info on a stallions/italjet/romet + shineray collaboration. Seems to be not so easy to get a clear picture on this but makes one cautious with so many clones/resellers out there :/ Now I actually found two other brands selling this bike called Leonart and SSR. There are at least half a dozen brands that this bike is sold under.

Got me curious and I did some more internet detective work and ended up at a chinese company called Longjia which I now believe to be the real manufacturer. They seem to also have the design patents in Europe (from 2014) on the bike. They showed it at the EICMA in 2015. To me it looks like they developed it in collaboration with Italjet (Italjet showed some bikes in China and Longjia showed bikes in Italy). Maybe they even bought a stake in Italjet. Doesn't look like Stallions did much work themselves on it, they are just a reseller. And doesn't look like Shineray has anything to do with this bike.

http://www.longjia.com.cn/en/product/BUCCANEER/6.html

http://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/longjia-v-twin-revealed

To be honest I cannot guarantee that the story as I wrote it is 100% accurate, I can only tell what I have been told. I also not know if the information I have includes the 250 V-twin model.

It’s interesting to see that the pictures from VisorDown are just concept drawing that are rendered on a computer… While we have them here in Thailand in the showrooms… What could indicate that Stallions motorcycle is pretty high on the food chain… or not...

Richard the pics from VisorDown are from patent applications filed in 2014 by Longjia. Long before Stallions showed this bike. Longjia and Italjet also showed production bikes long before Stallions. I've found Youtube videos from half a year ago of people in Germany owning one (branded Italjet). There's been people in Nepal riding them last year. Stallions just showed them last December at the Motor Expo and gets them now into showrooms.

From what I can see, Stallions are very low in the food chain. On the top is Longjia who manufactures them, then possibly Italjet and then all other resellers like Stallions. Of course I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.