Isaan Music club filth, club scene questions

bkk6060

I live here but go to WS about once a week.  Just to have a drink and look.  The Isaan music spot near the WS entrance has great music.  I like it a lot.  But, the place is a filthy hole. Saw 2 rats last night. 

The toilets smell/condition are deplorable.  The place is always fairly crowded, why can't they take a day and paint/clean the toilets?  The smell at the toilets will stay in your nostrils for some time.  If you look around the corner of the male toilet, you can see a pipe where the fecal matter is being flushed out onto the beach.  Disgusting and sad.

Anyway, I have not been to the night clubs for about 2 years.  Usually I am sleeping by 11 pm so no go.  Last night I went to Insomnia.  WOW, what a change from before.  It use to be 80% + Falang.  Now it was 80%+ Asian mostly Chinese, Korean, etc.  There must of been 200 people there at 1am. I counted about 20 Falang.   Engagement financially with few ladies was 2 to 3 times what it was a few years ago.

So, is there a new club that is popular? I walked by Bamboo and it was packed, mostly Falang. Is that the spot now?  Any new clubs that are popular more for Falang?     

IMG_20170225_223310.jpg

IMG_20170225_223301.jpg

IMG_20170225_223152.jpg

If you want good live Issan music away from WS and other foreigners, head to that soi between Jameson's and Central Marina, named Soi AR. Find this place in the photo. They also serve great food. I went a few times with Issan girls who had a blast and we ate well. 

2017-02-26_232229.jpg

2017-02-26_232229.jpg

Never been myself, but I know that a lot of workers from restaurants, stores, bars and massage shops make their way there after closing time. All indoors, so no keeping the neighbours awake. Issan music isn't really my cup of tea but I can take it in short doses. I always think it similar to the music you hear in Lisbon. Is it Fado or something like that? A sad and plaintive tone.

13 hours ago, champers said:

Amazing to know so many Chinese and Koreans are in the now pricey Insomnia. Many wise sages on here will have you believe that they don't spend any money. Bamboo must be cheap if it is full of farangs.

Not for drinking but I guess relative to other "clubs" it may be - 140 baht for a Leo. Walking Street Disco (or Red Car as it is often called ) by comparison is 110 baht.

Archived