Taxi driver fined Bt1,000 for calling passenger ‘whore’

webfact

Taxi driver fined Bt1,000 for calling passenger ‘whore’
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A taxi driver was fined Bt1,000 after he was caught on a video clip that went viral, bursting out at a female university student and calling her a whore.

The driver, identified only as Wirat, was summoned by the Land Transport Department for an attitude adjustment for three hours on Tuesday and he was fined Bt1,000.

A Facebook user, Tarn, posted the clip on her wall, recounting that the incident happened on Sunday. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30307494

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-28

Driver fined for calling passengers 'whores,' threatening to rape them

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

taxi-696x418.jpg

Screenshot of Kunyaphat Pitchayapukdee’s video showing taxi driver Wirat Thassanatikorn’s tirade, posted Sunday.

BANGKOK — A taxi driver recorded calling young female passengers “whores” and threatening to kill them was fined Tuesday and ordered to undergo three hours of etiquette training.

After police declined to take up a case against Wirat Thassanatikom based on the complaint of several students, the driver was called to report to the Land Transport Department at 9am this morning where he was fined 1,000 baht for his behavior and ordered to sit through a three-hour lecture on good manners.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/02/28/driver-fined-calling-passengers-whores-threatening-rape/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-02-28

20 hours ago, jaltsc said:

“What right do you have to adjust my air conditioner’s ventilation …”

The air conditioner's vent was probably the only action that cab driver has had in years.

Or maybe just by beeing a paying customer that pays for the trip in the comfort of a perfectly cool taxi.

But on the other hand, nothing is surprising. Today they even ask their customers to buy them lunch. A bunch of morons!

Edited by Get Real

1000 Baht fines do not hurt a driver 

Make them feel the pain a little and they will stop Raise it to 5'000 Baht and you will see a world of difference

In their attitude  Money is the great attitude adjuster 

A foul mouthed taxi driver, what a suprise!

Tomorrow someone will find forgetful shopkeeper who short changed a revengeful, spiteful, lazy, spotty, spoit brat of a student and be wounded for life by their viral facebook social media hissy fit.

On 3/1/2017 at 3:10 PM, pattayadgw said:

I wonder if the 'attitude adjustment' is similar to what the 'red guard' did to people in China back on the 60's?

Hardly. That little Government-sponsored social experiment included public beheadings, kangaroo courts and other victims (virtually the whole social caste of China's well-educated, other intellectuals, landlords and nouveau rich - all way to uppity for an insecure tyrant group) sentenced to years of torture and slavery. If you were literate, that condemned you as proof of dangerous intellectualism. The authorities here, at the moment, can only dream of such power and nurture their envy.

At least the kids got him reported to the police. The outcome, well soso but at least it hurts, maybe a little, hope it hurts a lot. A stupid farang would have not even know how to handle it, so kudos to the students.

On 3/1/2017 at 6:50 PM, Beats56 said:

Bad behavior. What is exactly is.a additude ajustment? Is some drill Sargent chewing him out for three hours. I have no idea. Anyone know?

Manners, Use of.

Mediates: I want therefore I am.

Whore or not, it's his job to drive his PAYING customers from A to B and not to pass judgemrnt. 

Highly UNPROFESSIONAL!

Send him back to his buffaloe and rice paddy. Maybe there he'll learn to keep his mouth shut. 

Whore or not, it's his job to drive his PAYING customers from A to B and not to pass judgemrnt. 
Highly UNPROFESSIONAL!
Send him back to his buffaloe and rice paddy. Maybe there he'll learn to keep his mouth shut. 

Don't be silly. She is to blame, if she wasn't a whore then he wouldn't be forced to call her one and she didn't choose his taxi he would be a thousands baht better off.. Damned whores!

45 minutes ago, djayz said:

Highly UNPROFESSIONAL!

The whole case was based on a great misunderstanding. The driver actually said; I`m paid to take you from A to B, not take you stupid tour.

1 hour ago, djayz said:

Highly UNPROFESSIONAL!

Whorses for courses. 

We don't do a lot of things. Scream in text, elevate coherence and speeling, refrain from non sequiturs, and we never cite professionalism. A very dubious concept.

All light hearted dj

Edited by optad

On 3/1/2017 at 2:50 PM, Beats56 said:

Bad behavior. What is exactly is.a additude ajustment? Is some drill Sargent chewing him out for three hours. I have no idea. Anyone know?

Attitude adjustment?? Hmm maybe you have to sit in a chair and listen to Mozart for 24 hours kind of a mental lobotomy. No insult to Mozart lovers of course. 

On 2/28/2017 at 2:40 PM, jaltsc said:

“What right do you have to adjust my air conditioner’s ventilation …”

The air conditioner's vent was probably the only action that cab driver has had in years.

He got off easy! He should have apologized to the young lady....then be fired... 

Edited by 6thST
added to my remark.