URGENTLY NEEDED second hand engine for Chevy Sonic 1.4LT

RinRinn

Hi Everybody!,

My car engine after the flooding was damaged serious. At the moment the budget balance for the spare parts and job together comes/looks too high... AND

- if somebody know any shop with big stock of second hand engines from damaged cars( especially Chevy) please give me details or your advices;

- if somebody can help me to buy/ready to sale such second hand engine - also accepted.

The important things!

1.With the engine supplier should provide me a papers that Everything Legal ( engine/car/serial N and , etc.) I don't need any problems with the LAW!

2.Engine should comes with a guarantee time for Testing after installation on a car. Details of purchase , amounts of prepayments and remind payments negotiable.

So Friends here IS a details:

Chevy Sonic - 1.4LT - model 2013 (APRIL)

Automatic Transmission

Engine code N - A14XFR...

Nice day to everybody! And any helpful info welcome!Thousand thanks in advance!

Usually will start the engine for you at the place you buy it. Wrap a chain around it so it does not go skating around the floor. But good luck with a warranty. Will most likely be a different shop who does the swap then who you buy the engine from.

Ask in the same places mentioned bin this recent thread, all shops should give an invoice to legally update the blue book with the new engine number, some shops will offer a very short guarantee of a week or so if they fit the engine, if u just buy to fit somewhere else usually no guarantee but as mentioned they will start it on the floor for u, hope that helps

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

3 hours ago, jay1980 said:

Ask in the same places mentioned bin this recent thread, all shops should give an invoice to legally update the blue book with the new engine number, some shops will offer a very short guarantee of a week or so if they fit the engine, if u just buy to fit somewhere else usually no guarantee but as mentioned they will start it on the floor for u, hope that helps

Thank U Jay! The problem is I'm not in BKK...and car also...So I'm looking for somebody who can offer me a engine. I'm ready to discuss any possibilities with supplier...)

3 hours ago, jay1980 said:

Yeah!...thanks for the link! They supplied same car to TRANSFORMER movie?))...Such kind of engine everybody enjoy and sound is perfect)). But at the moment I'm not ready to invest amount to tune the engine...sure it cost money. Just need standard OEM...and it's difficult as I understood. Vios,Jazz...any kind of engines...but Sonic still as a target.

4 hours ago, jay1980 said:

Yes I know this district...but cannot come to BKK now. And my friend who live in BKK at the moment on holidays in Europe...I try to find any connections from friends of friends. Everybody busy as usuall in their own problems!) So I hope somebody who in this business will message me with such offer of existing second hand engine) Thank U for your support Jay!

Thank U Jay! The problem is I'm not in BKK...and car also...So I'm looking for somebody who can offer me a engine. I'm ready to discuss any possibilities with supplier...)

Where are you located? I only know contacts for this in Bkk and Pattaya, but I am not professional, maybe this company could help, I believe they are a Thai visa forum sponsor, although they would charge a premium over dealing directly with Thai supplies they may be able to sort things out with less effort on your part, I have not used them personally they maybe able to do the legwork for you accordingly to their website
http://www.siammotorworld.com/otherservices/service/

All the best

5 minutes ago, jay1980 said:

Where are you located? I only know contacts for this in Bkk and Pattaya, but I am not professional, maybe this company could help, I believe they are a Thai visa forum sponsor, although they would charge a premium over dealing directly with Thai supplies they may be able to sort things out with less effort on your part, I have not used them personally they maybe able to do the legwork for you accordingly to their website
http://www.siammotorworld.com/otherservices/service/

All the best

I'm @ Samui. And of course understand that need to pay extra if somebody will offer me as a dealer/reseller. Just hope for reasonable rates))).

I'm already sent them the request by e-mail and tomorrow will try phone call. Thank U Jay so much!!!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Usually will start the engine for you at the place you buy it. Wrap a chain around it so it does not go skating around the floor. But good luck with a warranty. Will most likely be a different shop who does the swap then who you buy the engine from.

Reputable used engine suppliers here will give a replacement guarantee for a period enough to establish that the engine is serviceable when installed.

18 hours ago, RinRinn said:

Thanks! Yep of course they know how to manage it. I tried to search web links to find it out...but I'm not Thai language speaking and reading person. On English nothing...

Buy some of the Thai car magazines, they all usually have ads for engine suppliers with pictures (and engine codes in English) so they're easy to identify.  Then get a Thai speaker to call them, some will even have English speakers.

11 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Reputable used engine suppliers here will give a replacement guarantee for a period enough to establish that the engine is serviceable when installed.

Yes! I heard that 1 week to test how it works. I mean checking Compression Test, indicators on the computer, etc. I'm sure the engine must run for some time in all modes and loads.

So friends, finally one man sent me phone number and price...46K for same engine except transmission...and ready to give testing time 5days from full installation and starting...I'm not sure cause thought that the price could be lower...around 30K. Now all costs together looks the same if I will modify mine block))

On 3/2/2017 at 2:51 PM, RinRinn said:

So friends, finally one man sent me phone number and price...46K for same engine except transmission...and ready to give testing time 5days from full installation and starting...I'm not sure cause thought that the price could be lower...around 30K. Now all costs together looks the same if I will modify mine block))

Short & Curlies price but that's what comes of having a vehicle outside of mainstream ,fit a Toyota or Honda power train sell your gearbox to the poster needing one for a Corsa and save yourself tens of thousands Baht and have a vehicle possibly more saleable when you want to sell as punters will know a origional engine/gearbox failure is a pain in the arse to sort as well as expensive.

1 hour ago, RinRinn said:

did you check if another engine from an older chevrolet model such as Aveo or Optra might be cheaper? You need to double check this but I think all these models engines are very similar and interchangeable.

you could find out more info in the internet, maybe on a forum such as this one.

http://www.sonicownersforum.com

1 hour ago, jay1980 said:

did you check if another engine from an older chevrolet model such as Aveo or Optra might be cheaper? You need to double check this but I think all these models engines are very similar and interchangeable.

you could find out more info in the internet, maybe on a forum such as this one.

http://www.sonicownersforum.com

I think U'r right. But as I learned from 2013 Chevy engines were modify from previous years of production. Just want to finish my headache as soon as possible.) Also got one more offer for 35K but without any testing time and low cost of installation and adjustment...only 3K for the job+1.5K for new oil and filter...Cheap price looks like underwater stone...)

My nabour garage engineer calculated 10K for all job included all installations, materials, tests and adjustments and guarantee for his job if everything Ok with the engine...

2 hours ago, kartman said:

Short & Curlies price but that's what comes of having a vehicle outside of mainstream ,fit a Toyota or Honda power train sell your gearbox to the poster needing one for a Corsa and save yourself tens of thousands Baht and have a vehicle possibly more saleable when you want to sell as punters will know a origional engine/gearbox failure is a pain in the arse to sort as well as expensive.

Haha,,,I don't want such pain for sure! It's enough at present as a headache. That's why I asking from supplier testing guarantee time after installation and starting!