You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Chlorine TABLETS in Buriram, where?

croftrobin

Well this would be interesting as you must have a  very small pool

I have about a yrs supply from Australia along with a few kg of free chlorine to break up the stabilized tablets

All from Bunnings Auss 5 in 1 tablet ( 8 tabs 2kg total) per purchase $30 i think

& if in short supply i would like to know myself 

I know I can buy 50 KG drum of tablets for @ 7000 but I dont like a lot of chlorine lying around as a 5 year old is at home.

Here:

http://swimmingpoolsthailand.com/en/chlorine/85-poolchlor-tablets-50-kg.html?search_query=chlorine&results=94

Hence the arrangment | had before where I would get a few kg every month or so delivered by post / courier, but the company is bust.

It suits me. I dont care about the small extra cost for delivery.

I would like to continue to do the same.

Anyone know a shop or online seller who sells smaller amounts?

12 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Well this would be interesting as you must have a  very small pool

I have about a yrs supply from Australia along with a few kg of free chlorine to break up the stabilized tablets

All from Bunnings Auss 5 in 1 tablet ( 8 tabs 2kg total) per purchase $30 i think

& if in short supply i would like to know myself 

I hope you are not advocating shipping chlorine products from OZ.

Tablets are classed as hazardous as they are powerful oxidizing agents an are prohibited  for carriage in an aircraft ,either in the hold or carry on.

Australian post also prohibits carriage as well.

Try Ruangsandthai . If you travel from the railway line on the road that passes the Buriram private hospital keep going until you hit the big cross roads, just over the cross roads there is a builders/DIY store(look at there website for better directions), they have tablets cheaper than the online store mentioned. There is a couple of English speaking people working there, mr bob is from the USA and very knowledgeable.

Even if you get your tables some ware else its worth a look as they have a good selection of pool stuff.

I will agree with Mick that Ruangsangthai Buriram Builders Merchants is a good source of swimming pool equipment, swimming pool chemicals and fish pond equipment. I buy chlorine, zelbrite and other swimming pool chemical supplies in Buriram at this family owned shop where several women with desks near the swimming pool equipment display in the hardware store understand and speak English. Two Americans work at this store for a Thai Chinese owner.  All three are fluent in English. Oase pond filtration is also available in Isaan at this shop.  My wife hates to be a translator when I shop so this home improvement store is a sensible choice unless I want to cause friction. 

Buriram Sand Filter Media for Swimming Pools.JPG

Buriram Black Algaecide Control Swimming Pool.JPG

Buriram Oase Fish Pond Skimmer Thailand.JPG

I agree that Ruangsangthai is a good resource. One of the few places in lower Isaan to get the large 20kg carboys of HcL (550baht) and I recall from another posting that their price on TRS pool salt is pretty fair also if you are looking for a few 25kg sacks (I think it was 139baht a sack in the last such posting I saw, which compares to a rip-off price of 200baht at JD Pools Ubon; value prices are available for larger quantities - less than 100 baht a sack if you go pick up 40 sacks (1 tonne) at the Pimai factory and 112baht if you can store 80 sacks delivered by one of the factory's agents.

You'll reach Bob or one of the other English speakers if you dial 04466684 and press 117.

Was sharing a joke with the cute girl in yellow only last Friday as it happens - picked up 5 carboys of acid on my way back from Bangkok to southern Sisaket. The turn-off from Buriram northern side ring road is signed to Khon Kaen - it's about 400 metres from the lights north of the ring road and on the eastern side of the road. 

• 9 months later...

Hello all

Does anyone have any info on unstabelised chlorine tablets as to where to get & pricing 

Have looked at variuos web sights & think I may have come across some at JD Pools & Pool pro lab (both in Khorat )

Thailand pool shop are all stabelized 

I worry about their prices since no showing them

What chemical name is on the 50kg tub of Unstabilized chlorine tablets?  You could benefit from going to Ruangsangthai in Buriram or PoolMaster Asia in Surin. Both have native English speakers to answer questions. There is a real limit to what I can have my wife ask at a store and then translate back to me.  There are chlorine tablets in the photo near the swimming pool lights in Ruangsangthai in Buriram. I have no clue what type of chlorine and if they have more than one type of chlorine at Paul Bodkin's Surin Pool Master Asia or at the Buriram Builders Merchants Store. 

Buriram Isaan Swimming Pool Lights Equipment.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Pool Master serves the Buriram and Surin area and shops to other areas in Thailand too. I get my chlorine tablets and other swimming pool supplies from them. Great products and awesome customer service with English-speaking staff who can assist. I believe most hotels in Thailand use their supplies too.

2 hours ago, bluewavesam said:

Yes, Pool Master serves the Buriram and Surin area and shops to other areas in Thailand too. I get my chlorine tablets and other swimming pool supplies from them. Great products and awesome customer service with English-speaking staff who can assist. I believe most hotels in Thailand use their supplies too.

I have my doubts about them after being informed as to what & how a product should of been

Also looking at their site concerning a product, it was practically double the price for the same thing from another site

Still cant work out why these companies charge 200bht per bulky item (lets say X 3 = 600 bht ) & the delivery man gets 300 bht ( maybe the chinese courier networks making a killing )

Good selection of pool chemicals with very quick delivery and fair product and delivery prices at the ThaiVisa swimming pool forum's sponsor here:

http://swimmingpoolsthailand.com/en/

I typically receive stuff within 2-3 days (their base is northern Isaan/I live southern Sisaket) of online order - even bulky stuff.
I am unconnected/independent in making this recommendation.

The chemicals I do not get from them are

* pool salt - direct delivery from TRS Salt every couple of years; maybe I'll have to go to the Korat factory in future as their agent for here would only deliver a min of 3 tonnes last time (previously 2 tonnes)

* HcL (muriatic acid) - collected from Ruangsangthai Buriram (diverting my journey from Bangkok once a year)

* shock chlorine - JD Pools Ubon (expensive but very fast acting/effective, useful if you want to use the pool quickly and shock infrequently)

* sodium bicarbonate - picked up in a 25x1kg sack cheaply from an Ubon bakery wholesaler (my pool seems to lose Total Alkalinity more quickly than most, particularly in rainy season)

Yes - my pool is largish (90 cu.m), the economics of collection & direct delivery v online purchase may well be different for a smaller pool.

9 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Good selection of pool chemicals with very quick delivery and fair product and delivery prices at the ThaiVisa swimming pool forum's sponsor here:

http://swimmingpoolsthailand.com/en/

I typically receive stuff within 2-3 days (their base is northern Isaan/I live southern Sisaket) of online order - even bulky stuff.
I am unconnected/independent in making this recommendation.

The chemicals I do not get from them are

* pool salt - direct delivery from TRS Salt every couple of years; maybe I'll have to go to the Korat factory in future as their agent for here would only deliver a min of 3 tonnes last time (previously 2 tonnes)

* HcL (muriatic acid) - collected from Ruangsangthai Buriram (diverting my journey from Bangkok once a year)

* shock chlorine - JD Pools Ubon (expensive but very fast acting/effective, useful if you want to use the pool quickly and shock infrequently)

* sodium bicarbonate - picked up in a 25x1kg sack cheaply from an Ubon bakery wholesaler (my pool seems to lose Total Alkalinity more quickly than most, particularly in rainy season)

Yes - my pool is largish (90 cu.m), the economics of collection & direct delivery v online purchase may well be different for a smaller pool.

Thanks SantiSuk

I also have a JD in town but they don't display their prices (obviously for a reason ) , like it's for a pool & how bad do you need it

Archived