Marriage Extension After One Year At CW-Please Help

I have read through a few of the threads and there seems to be some conflicting information. If anyone has recently extended their stay based on marriage, any help would be appreciated. 

I have a USA passport and this will be my first time extending my stay after my initial one year extension based on my "O" visa and will be done at CW immigration.

Is the process the same as applying for the first year extension of stay? Photos, letter from landlord, bank book, etc?

Specifically, I cannot find whether or not the 400,000 baht needs to be in the bank 2 or 3 months prior to applying for another one-year extension. Also, if my stay expires at the end of May, when should I appear at immigration to begin the process. I don't want my visa/permission to stay to lapse. 

Thanks for the help. 

Yes, the process is the same every year as it is effectively a new application each year. The requirements may vary slightly each year, but they should be the same as last year at CW.

You need 400K in the bank for 2 months prior to the date you apply.

You can apply within the last 30 (maybe 45) days. Whenever you apply the new extension will start from when the old one expires.

Thanks for the info. 

Do you by chance know what the latest date for an application for extension is, if any? Or is even a day before the current stay expires acceptable? 

And I am guessing my wife will need to come with again, correct?

1 minute ago, Phuket Man said:

45 days before or up to the last day (although not a good idea)

Yes your Wife has to go every year.

Why would she not?

Thanks. She will come, but needs to take a day off work which is not ideal (but unavoidable I suppose).

17 minutes ago, Random32 said:

Thanks for the info. 

Do you by chance know what the latest date for an application for extension is, if any? Or is even a day before the current stay expires acceptable? 

And I am guessing my wife will need to come with again, correct?

Officially the last day you can apply is the day the current extension expires. If that falls on a weekend or holiday you can apply on the next working day. It's usually possible to apply a few days late (discretionary), but you'd have to pay the overstay fine at 500 baht per day.

Yes your wife needs to be with you, however, they might (discretionary) accept a letter detailing why she's unable to attend.